Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A day with Nature Boy

Tim M
Tim M Posts: 2,410
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
After Teslamania visited NB two days ago - I figured it's time for another trip north to the Big City. It's only 1 hr ride so it wasn't too far to go to have an Egged lunch. Everyone visiting NB seems to bring gifts so, again, I had great intentions. I had two 1.5" chops that I marinated in Moore's (no relation) marinate. I rode up on my motorcycle so I decided to double wrap them in two plastic bags - good thing as one leaked. I would have soy smelling saddle bags had it not been for the second bag. [p]NB fired up that little Mini rascal - I have never seen one in action before - and I added some Char-Crust Smokey Southwest (thanks KennyG) and NB seared those chops REEEALLLLL Goooooddd. He even gave me a Black/Tan with Harps and Guiness. That was also reeeallly Goood.[p]We planned to watch the new BGE tape I copied for him - but alas - I goofed up and the tape ran out before it had copied it all. Darn. I am going to redo that tape for you NB and I'll get it right this time.[p]The perfect lunch visit was rounded out with a lovely 3 bottle bbq sauce selection that DJ5x9 left for me there when he visited NB last week. The three were all very different - I opened them and sampled a good bit of each. I told you I was a sauceaholic.
Thanks DJ5x9 and Thanks NB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![p]
Tim

Comments

• Nu-Guy
    Nu-Guy Posts: 136
    Tim M,
    A motocycle ride and egged food?......You guys are hav'n way too much fun. I am green (bge shade) with envy.
    NG

• Dr. Chicken
    Dr. Chicken Posts: 620
    Tim M,
    I think there's sometin' sinister lurkin' out there when the two of youse gets together! We need to check this out or arrange to have a chaperone, so's the two of youse don't get in to no trouble![p]Seriously though, it sounds like you guys did it up right! What do you think now of the little, little guy? Is it a good addition to a collection?[p]Dr. Chicken

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Tim M,
    No, thank YOU! Being alone at home all day is not bad, but I always appreciate company! And thanks too, for leaving me some of that southwest spicy char crust. Dat was really excellent on chops.[p]Glad you didn't get pork juice on them gorgeous saddle bags.[p]We'll do it again soon. Maybe a lunchtime butt or brisket would be in order.[p]NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Tim M
    Dr. Chicken,[p]Trouble - how can you get into too much trouble cooking? [p]In almost 2 years I still have never seen all the Eggs in one place to compare sizes - etc. Eggfest2000 will be the first time I will see all three side by side. I don't mean that all will be used for cooking, but they are going to have a full Egg display in the VFW building. The mini does a good job for small loads. We could have easily done 5-6 chops. I am looking at a small or medium to add to my collection of 1 someday.[p]Tim
  • Tim M
    Nature Boy,[p]Since you only had 2 types of Char-Crust - maybe I will bring up some Original, its my favorite. And the tape ofcourse.[p]Tim
  • Nature Boy
    Nu-Guy,
    Yeah, and you shudda seen that bike! Like something out of a dream. What a work of art. I can't even imagine how much of a blast it must be to tool down the road on that bad boy. All that chrome, you need your shades to look at it! That monster has a plastic belt for a chain that lasts 60,000 miles. The engine oil is stored in a small tank behind and above the engine, and is pumped through the engine from it's remote location. Cool stuff.[p]Sorry, off topic, but I couldn't hold back.

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Dr. Chicken
    Dr. Chicken Posts: 620
    Tim M,
    Decisions, decisions! With so many choices it is hard to make up my mind! I've got room in my table/cart fer a mini, to accompany my large and small but I'm gona need a crane or a locomotive tractor just to move it! I don't really need it, but at times it would come in handy! What to do? What to do?[p]Dr. Chicken[p]p.s.: Hank, don't go tellin' my wife I'm thinkin' of adding on!

• Teslamania
    Teslamania Posts: 144
    Tim M,[p]Sounds like you and Nature Boy made a meal of it. BTW, I am surprised that there was any Guiness and Harp remaining after the other day :-) Shall we make it a trio for lunch next time?

• Tim M
    Teslamania,[p]""Shall we make it a trio for lunch next time?""[p]Yes - April 29, 2000 at the Waldorf VFW - say around 9-5pm. I have mint julep mix (well after diner maybe). [p]Tim
  • djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Tim M:[p]I want you and NB to give me your opinions on those sauces. I find that my choice is mood driven, but I do have my favorite. You guys let me know yours.[p]Waiting for a gallon of Shakes to be delivered next week. The timing is great because I received his rub today. I am out of pulled pork and next weekend I'll try his rub and sauce on the butts I plan to low and slow.

• Nature Boy
    djm5x9,
    The Stricklands sauce has a very basic, yet very unique flavor. I found it works great as a finishing sauce. I sauce my ribs probably half the time (or a little more), and found the stricklands to be great for finishing. Cooks to a nice colored caramelization. The one with the old lady on the label is a great dipping sauce. The Mustard/Vinegar based sauce I have not opened yet.[p]Thanks again for giving me new stuff to try!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com