Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

pollock fillets

Options
fishlessman
fishlessman Posts: 32,744
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
caught the bigest pollock that i ever saw yesterday (40 pounds plus). folleted with skin on.looking for recipes, cooking set up, temp. i have never cooked or eaten pollock before
fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it

Comments

• smokeypete
    Options
    fishlessman, congrats on the catch... be sure to de-worm the critter, skin it first, sprinkle with salt and pick the little things off as they exit. put the filets onto a pan made from double layer of aluminum foil.[p]you can now apply a bit of olive oil to the filets, salt and pepper to taste, squeeze a bit of lemon juice over all, and put the lot into a preheated egg(350-400 degrees) for about 10 minuites per inch of thickness. put some wood chunks of choice on the hot coals for smoke if you prefer. any fish uneaten can be used the next day for chowder. if you want a recipe for chowder i'll give you mine. enjoy

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,744
    Options
    smokeypete,i did two fillets with the lemon and pepper as you suggested, two with cajun rub with coating of mayo, and two with raging river and butter. cooked them on an oiled bed of chives from the garden. as good as any haddock that ive eaten. please email me that chowder recipe if you get the chance. there is plenty left over. thanks for your advice

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it