Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Portabella Mushrooms

Options
dublin
dublin Posts: 140
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Going to do stuffed Pork Tenderlion tonight, but also have 2 Portabella Mushrooms,,, anyone got any idea how to cook these ie,, stuffed??? how long???
Thx
dublin

Comments

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    dublin,[p]Give this a try....[p]You can substitute plain balsamic vinegar for the one I used (that's what I used until I found lemon/ginger one). You could also probably add some lemon juice and some ginger if you wanted to get a similar flavor...[p]QBabe
    :~)

[ul][li]Portabella Mushrooms - 4th one down[/ul]
  • Hammer
    Hammer Posts: 1,001
    Options
    dublin,
    Here is my favorite recipe:
    Clean the mushroom
    In a quart bag, or larger depending on the number of portabellos to me marinated, prepare the marinate.
    Combine, Wish Bone Italian dressing; OBIE Q vegetable rub; a small amount of olive oil; Small amount of Dizzy Pig's all purpose rub; small amount of balsamic vinegar.
    Put Portabellos in the bag, and marinate in the fridge for three(3) hours.
    Remove from the fridge, sprinkle Parmasen cheese on the gill side of the shroom; cover well; put the shrooms in a tinfoil packet, and put on the BGE. Turn packet over every ten( minutes, for thirty (30) minutes.
    What a treat, and everyone loves them.
    Hammer[p]

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    dublin,[p]We do these a lot as a side item. I marinade them for about 15 - 25 minutes or so in Italian dressing (I don't go much longer b/c these shrooms really soak up the marinade fast), then I have the Egg going at about 500 - 600 degrees, and put them gill-side down first for about 2.5 minutes, then flip them over, fill them with Chevre goat cheese, and let them go another 5 minutes or so until tender and juicy.[p]Easy and delicious.[p]TRex