Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE!

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I recently purchased a BGE. Ceramics Rule! I'm finally leet, from a BBQ POV![p]That said, these things are expensive! Can anyone justify why it's better for me to spend $$$ on things like grid lifters, gurus, stands, pizza stones, etc..., rather than spending that $$$ on things like other cookers like the WSM?[p]Basking in the glory of my new ceramic grill,
Dan Rinaldi

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Dan Rinaldi,
    paying money for some of these options (particularly the plate setter and a good thermometer, not to mention the grid extender) will make your bge just that much more versatile. . .you will find that if you did it in the oven, or on the stove, you can now do it in your egg. . .to call it a 'grill' is probably a misnomer. . .it is so much more than that. . .with the exception of baking potatoes (which you can certainly do in the egg as well), i honestly haven't used my oven in the over 6 months since i got my egg. . .[p]enjoy. . .it will all be worth it. ..

• mad max beyond eggdome,[p]Thanks! That means a lot. This is definitely a nice novelty! And, if you can afford it, why not?[p]Dan Rinaldi