Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Boneless Turkey Breast and BB Ribs

Still Smokin'
Still Smokin' Posts: 76
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am planning on cooking a bonless, skinnless turkey breast. The small roast size that comes in netting. I plan to cook the ribs the 3-2-1.5 method at 225. Do you think the turkey breast would stay moist if I cook it, I'm guessing about 6 hours, at 225? I do not plan to use any foil on the turkey breast. Also, do you agree with my guess at the cooking time?[p]Looking forward to my first bbq contest in Lynchburg, VA near the end of September. I will only participating in the eating and beer drinking parts of the competition. Does anyone know if there will be any eggers there?[p]Hope everyones weekend is eggciting, mine is![p]SS

Comments

• nikkig
    nikkig Posts: 514
    Still Smokin',
    I cook these breasts quite frequently. I would think that after 6 hours you would have a dried up piece of bird. Cook it just like the directions say to cook it for the oven. I like to season mine with Tsunami Spin, and just cook over a drip pan. A little pecan wood or hickory for smoke is my preference.[p]~nikki

• nikkig,
    Do you really think that at 225 it would dry out? I would follow the package, but the ribs take priority tomorrow. This is why I need another egg. If there are any eggs for sale at the Lynchburg, VA contest, I'm gettin' a small. Would be perfect for turkey breast.

• nikkig
    nikkig Posts: 514
    Still Smokin',
    I don't know if it would dry out or not, but those breasts are not very big. If my memory is correct, they only weigh 3lbs and only took about 1.5 hours to cook. Iffin you have to do it with the ribs, I would at least do one in advance and see how it turns out. Better safe than sorry. [p]~nikki