Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

No Independence Day photos?

Options
stike
stike Posts: 15,597
edited November -1 in Off Topic
what did you all do to celebrate Independence Day (July 2nd)? figured there would be cookouts and photos.

for some reason, our town holds the fireworks and parade tomorrow.
ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante

Comments

• porterhouse64
    Options
    For most, it is July 4th that is the big day.

Pictures I am sure will be forthcoming.

John Adams wrote Abigail Adams on July 3, 1776:

Yesterday the greatest Question was decided, which ever was debated in America, and a greater perhaps, never was or will be decided among Men. A Resolution was passed without one dissenting Colony "that these united Colonies, are, and of right ought to be free and independent States, and as such, they have, and of Right ought to have full Power to make War, conclude Peace, establish Commerce, and to do all the other Acts and Things, which other States may rightfully do."

You will see in a few days a Declaration setting forth the Causes, which have impell'd Us to this mighty Revolution, and the Reasons which will justify it, in the Sight of God and Man. A Plan of Confederation will be taken up in a few days. On July 2, 1776 the Association known as United Colonies of America officially became the United States of America .[ix]

Consequently, it was the date of July 2, 1776 that John Adams thought would be celebrated by future generations.

Source
    http://www.thedeclarationofindependence.org/
  • stike
    Options
    that's right. it's the day when congress resolved to declare us independent...

the declaration wasn't even completely signed until 1781
  • DrZaius
    DrZaius Posts: 1,481
    Options
    and was not ratified until 1789
    This is the greatest signature EVAR!
  • stike
    Options
    yeah. come to think of it, i ain't gonna celebrate until march sometime. hahaha

and christmas in december? what idiot came up with that idea?
    sheesh.

i propose a wholesale rearrangement of the calendar to how it 'should' be.
  • Woodbutcher
    Woodbutcher Posts: 1,017
    Options
    I think it had something to do with the competition from Zoroastrianism.