Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Best boudin

DawgtiredDawgtired Posts: 219
edited 5:31PM in EggHead Forum
Hey to everyone out there and Happy 4th!!! I'm on a Cajun kick right now...fried chicken and andouille sausage gumbo last night. Man that was good. Anyway want to get back to the Egg and cook some boudin sausage. I thought some Egg chefs out there would certainly have some suggestions regarding the best place to get it. Who's got the best boudin?

• AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    Can't get it here so I make my own. -RP

• DawgtiredDawgtired Posts: 219
    I thought about trying to make mine own also. Suggestions on how??? I've never tried making anything like this before.
  • Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,769
    My favorite source for all thangs Cajun and Creole'

Cajun is gud now ya hear
    One of my neighbors grew up in Kittrell. He swears there was a nudist colony near by when he was a kid.
  • BayouMarkBayouMark Posts: 283
    You can try Cajun Also Hegert's Meats. You can google boudin and get some other hits. I mostly get mine fro Hebert's and they have excellent "other" meats that that will customize for you. Laissez le bon ton roulee!
  • Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,769
    There was.. It was called "Middle of Nowhere" It's closed now.

Who is your Neighbor?? Kittrell ain't all that big.
    Rick Reddick. It seems like his dad or his uncle was the sherriff or something. He said his childhood was just like Mayberry. Must have been nice!
  • stikestike Posts: 15,597
    nice lookin stuff.

doing bratwurst today for the fourth
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante