Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Best boudin

DawgtiredDawgtired Posts: 216
edited 2:04AM in EggHead Forum
Hey to everyone out there and Happy 4th!!! I'm on a Cajun kick right now...fried chicken and andouille sausage gumbo last night. Man that was good. Anyway want to get back to the Egg and cook some boudin sausage. I thought some Egg chefs out there would certainly have some suggestions regarding the best place to get it. Who's got the best boudin?
·

Comments

• AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    Can't get it here so I make my own. -RP

IMG_0717Small.jpg
    IMG_0720Small.jpg
    ·
  • DawgtiredDawgtired Posts: 216
    I thought about trying to make mine own also. Suggestions on how??? I've never tried making anything like this before.
    ·
  • Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,768
    My favorite source for all thangs Cajun and Creole'

Cajun is gud now ya hear
    ·
    One of my neighbors grew up in Kittrell. He swears there was a nudist colony near by when he was a kid.
    ·
  • BayouMarkBayouMark Posts: 283
    You can try Cajun Grocer.com. Also Hegert's Meats. You can google boudin and get some other hits. I mostly get mine fro Hebert's and they have excellent "other" meats that that will customize for you. Laissez le bon ton roulee!
    ·
  • Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,768
    There was.. It was called "Middle of Nowhere" It's closed now.

Who is your Neighbor?? Kittrell ain't all that big.
    ·
    Rick Reddick. It seems like his dad or his uncle was the sherriff or something. He said his childhood was just like Mayberry. Must have been nice!
    ·
  • stikestike Posts: 15,597
    nice lookin stuff.

doing bratwurst today for the fourth
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
    ·