Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dizzy's Here!

Chef Boyaree
Chef Boyaree Posts: 150
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So psyched! My order of dizzy dust came today. The weekend cook is going to be a great one. Pulled pork, pulled chicken, ribs. My standard fare but we'll see what this duzzy stuf is all about!

Comments

• Seattle Todd
    Seattle Todd Posts: 227
    Enjoy! Don't wait for the finished product. Take some tastes now out of the bottles. Chris and co. make an awesome product. I find that DP doesn't have that 'chemically' taste that most mass-produced rubs do.

In my home I only use Dizzy Pig and a line of rubs from a local Seattle chef purely because they are very different, for example DP Raging River and the local Salmon Rub. Totally different flavors but both outstanding!

Hope you got some Pineapple Head. Tried that at the PNW Eggfest for the first time and it was excellent!

Darnit, Chris you have another order coming in soon. :)
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Hope you got ragin river! you will want it if you are cooking any seafood on your vacation!
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    I just finished a bowl of juicy peaches sprinkled, or should I say drowned, in Pineapple Head. Simply incredible.
  • Geoduck
    Geoduck Posts: 76
    Todd - tell me more about the Seattle rub. What is it and where do I find it? I'll be there in a couple of weeks.
  • Seattle Todd
    Well you're welcome to come on by for a dinner! :)

I've always wondered about your screen name and assumed you were a Seattle-ite for a while. I'll bet I'm the only one on the board that has both dined on and eaten your screen name as well. :laugh:

Have you lived in Seattle before?
  • Geoduck
    I'm from OlyWA - and a Greener! (and a grandmother) I have a son in Kent. Will be visiting Kent and Olympia in a couple of weeks.
  • Seattle Todd
    Well it'd be a heck of a drive for you to come up in my neck of the woods just for some grub. I live in Snohomish just east of S Everett, N Lynnwood.

The rubs I'm talkin' about you won't find in Oly most likely. They're from a Seattle chef that won the James Beard award a while. Tom Douglas if you've heard the name?

You can order online at www.tomdouglas.com and go to the 'rub with love' section.

Of all the rubs the best is the salmon rub. Exceptional IMO.
  • Geoduck
    Checked out the website - YUM! Don't know him but the rubs do sound yummy. I'll give them a try. Thanx!
  • mattrapp
    mattrapp Posts: 107
    Here's one more Geoduck fan! I'm no longer in the PNW, but I loved Geoduck when I lived out there.