Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

%(%(^$ FedEx

Options
porterhouse64
porterhouse64 Posts: 164
edited November -1 in Off Topic
Expecting a shipment of BGE accessories today.

Check the tracking #: in-transit...

7:30 no delivery, check again "delivery exception" customer not available.

Call FedEx. They want a door tag #

I don't have one.

The driver attempted delivery.

So he claims.

Can he knock? Can he ring the doorbell?

Yes, he can.

Then why did he not do it?

Was he properly trained in ring doorbells?

And what happened to leaving the package on the porch?

Comments

• Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    LOL maybe the fedex guy is an egger and wanted to test drive them for you :evil: :lol: :P
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options

in transit or on the truck for local delivery?

Just wondering, being a smart ass to the employees, if you were, accomplishes what exactly, especially if you want/need a little extra help? Just a thought.

GG
  • Panhandle Smoker
    Options
    Better just to vent here. :whistle:
  • TXTriker
    TXTriker Posts: 1,177
    Options
    I had an expedited delivery through Amazon.com to a 2nd party seller. Amazon showed delivery in two days. There was also a weekend involved. The 2nd party didn't ship till the day Amazon said it would be here. 6 days later, the item arrived. FedEx showed it sat in Houston for 3 days before making it onto the local truck. I felt 6 days for an expedited delivery was a little long.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options

Exactly right

• Grandpas Grub
    Options
    Stuff gets lost.

The following is going on as I type. My son bought a computer for his Dodge SUV off of ebay. Shipped and tracked and in the hands of FedEx or UPS - not sure which carrier. The package got lost and couldn't be found. My son ended up contacting the district supervisor explained my son has a pregnant wife, young kids and the car they have to use doesn't have air conditioning. My son stressed he didn't have the money to buy another part or the time to wait for the package to be found.

The District Supervisor said we will get the problem fixed. My son is driving a new 2009 Expidition rental provided by FedEx/UPS until the part is delivered (found or new part purchased).

My son wasn't rude but he was resolute. I have had some extra steps taken by FexEx & UPS when there has been delivery problems but nothing like that.

Be polite, it pays off most of the time.

GG
  • Panhandle Smoker
    Options
    Especially if you paid extra. :ermm:
  • porterhouse64
    Options
    I know being a jackass does not solve the problem.

However, letting incompetence go unreported does solve problems either. If service is to improve, they must know about the flaws.

My big question is 'why not leave the package?'

Why no knock?

Why no doorbell?

Why no door tag?

If the driver had done 1,2,or 3. There would have been no problem.

Yeah, it was after 7 o'clock. The delivery guy was probably tired and ready to head home. But now he has to make another trip.

The customer service guy was less than helpful. "Leave a note."

What really pisses me off is that this is the second time in a row with the FedEx guy. They are making the Post Office look good.
  • TXTriker
    Options
    Expedited is extra. I don't think I would gain anything by complaining but I may talk with Amazon and see if they say anything. Since they missed my desired delivery date, I could have just paid for regular ground. That does make me wonder how long it would have taken then.
  • TXTriker
    Options
    My experience with Fedex is they "don't" ring the door bell. They drop the package and run. At least UPS rings the bell before they run.
  • porterhouse64
    Options
    TXTriker wrote:
    My experience with Fedex is they "don't" ring the door bell. They drop the package and run. At least UPS rings the bell before they run.

If he had done that I would have been thrilled.

I am not sure why a couple pieces of bent metal require a signature or face to face delivery?

The UPS guy is generally back in the truck before you get to the door.
  • TXTriker
    Options
    Yes, the UPS driver is back in the truck even if you go immediately to the door, but at least he does ring it. FedEx just drops and runs.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options

As to why the package was not just dropped off could be the shipper shipped signature required.

I would think there is a dollar point where it makes more financial sense and or security risk to drop off or not drip off a package without a signature and FedEx take the risk of loss rather than inure the costs involved to make a second trip.

There is a lot of questions which only your carrier is going to be able to answer, and you should ask when you get the package.

It would be interesting to learn what you are told.

GG
  • Dr. Strangelove
    Options
    You must have the same Fed-Ex driver as I have in my area. I stayed home one day waiting for a package, no package by 3pm, called the dispatch, they said that the driver had come by and I wasn't home. I informed them that was impossible as I had been basically watching the driveway all day, dispatch has me hold, then calls the driver, who then claims there was no apartment number on the package, so he couldn't deliver. I laugh and inform dispatch that this is a house we all know that, there are no apts even close to this area. At this point, I'm angry, I don't mind if he just didn't get to my stop, I understand that, but don't lie to me. I tell dispatch the driver is lying to them and that I need my package today, since apparently he is across the street from me at the local mall. Dispatch calls driver, gets back to me and tells me that the driver is seriously upset with me. Huh? Whaaaat? I don't care, and furthermore, why is dispatch telling me this?
    No package shows up, I finally talk to them about 9pm and have them hold it for pickup the next day.

I always ask for USPS shipping if possible now, UPS and Fed-Ex have screwed me one time too many.
  • porterhouse64
    Options
    I got it today.

I had a note on the front door.

He left the package and a door tag.

The door tag stated the single package was left at the front door and the garage.

Strange.