Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Minor change on my un fried chicken

Options
Darnoc
Darnoc Posts: 2,661
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have posted this about three weeks ago and after the initial process I shook on some Dizzy Pig Coarse rub on top of the chicken after the egg wash and seasoned flour had already set up to give it a little more bite.Was good.

001-33.jpg

002-23.jpg

003-23.jpg

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Bill that looks nice and crispy. Thanks, have to try this.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Darnoc
    Options
    I just thought of this and I don't think that it was mentioned before.This was a skinless bird.It was all pulled off to make for a lower fat content.I guess if the skin was on it would be a tad more crisper.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Looks very crisp. Was it still juicy?
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Darnoc
    Options
    Very much so.I had my doubts at first cooking at 375 for one and a half hours.I was not worried to much about the legs and thighs but more so the breast.The first slice made me feel good when some juice came out after the cut.
  • Eggerman1
    Eggerman1 Posts: 155
    Options
    So you do indirect at 375 for 1.5 hours and do an egg wash, flower and seasoning?

That looks delicious!