Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Been researching lately.

Options
Beanie-Bean
Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
edited November -1 in Off Topic
Been doing a lot of research on some other forums...my beloved Honda Accord I bought new in Jan 1998 finally called it a day a few weeks ago. I've been busy pouring over information about my newest addition:

4877_1075575605648_1113949385_30169.jpg

It's a 2009 VW Jetta Turbodiesel. First European car for me--I've driven Honda, Acura, and Toyota most of my life (save for two Chevrolets when I first started driving...) Also, first diesel engine for me, so I am still learning about how to properly break-in, care, and feed the thing.

Haven't been cooking outside lately because of the oppressive heat here in Texas. It finally rained yesterday, and is supposed to rain again today. Kind of sad when one is happy about only getting into the 90s for a high...

Got a new XL Nomex gasket in the mailbox yesterday from BGE, so I'll be doing some repair work this week.

Comments

• Cpt'n Cook
    Cpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    Options
    Congratulations on the new wheels. I have been thinking about a Jetta TDI turbo diesel myself although I still love my '06 2.0 tubo Passat. I think you will like how German cars handle. I have owned a ton of VW's in the
    past.
    IMG_1906.jpg
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    Options
    Hey Mike,

Great looking car. Sorry to hear the Honda gave out. My '93 Civic EX is the best car I have ever owned.
    DSCN3818_LRH_500.jpg
    135,000+ miles and it runs great. I get 30 mpg every where, city and highway. When I quit smoking almost 3 months ago I started washing and waxing the car when ever I had the craving for a smoke. LOL, the car has never looked so good.
    I had a couple VW's back in the dark ages and liked them for the most part. I had a Rabbit diesel that got 50 mpg but would fry the engine before the temperature idiot light would come on. The same car got broadsided by a lumber delivery truck and I walked away from it! It was a well made little car.

Gator
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Congrats on your new baby. I did my part to stimulate the economy about 6 weeks ago....both to the Ford Motor Co. and for all the oil companies.

SideViewSmall3.jpg

SideViewSmall.jpg
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    Options
    That's a beauty! I bought Ford . . . when it was less then $2.00 a share. :woohoo:

I'd love to have a Ford pick-up, just not in the budget right now. I sit on my Ford stock long enough and I'll have one. :)

Gator
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    Thanks for putting a smile on my face today, guys :) It's been hectic so far, starting with an almost-epic battle with Project Management out of India early this morning :(

Gotta start menu-planning for the 4th!

Take care you guys!