Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

lg or xlg

fisch1fisch1 Posts: 1
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We have a large looking to get another, just not sure which.
What do you think?
·

Comments

• DHallDHall Posts: 180
    Really depends on your needs. I have a Large and XL and love the combo but want to add a small to take in the camper on occasion too. I love having the XL and L combo for bigger parties. This weekend I will have both going with 4 butts on the Large and cooking ribs on the XL.
    ·
  • I think you already know what you need. You know better than anyone what your needs are based on your current Large. I have an Xl and a Large and use them both equally and there are some things that a large simply cant do. I do a lot of large cooks and entertain frequently. I am looking to buy another large to compliment my existing XL and Large.
    ·
  • emillucaemilluca Posts: 673
    MINI
    ·
  • DryFlyDryFly Posts: 351
    If, as Eddie says, you do real big cooks often, get the XL. If not so big or often I'd suggest the Large. I saw an EX up close and personal for the first time last week and that mother is big! The thing must take 1/2 a bag of lump to fill the fire box. You really can't go wrong either way, I guess. Good Luck.
    ·