Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egging 101 in Vermont

Options
WWSis
WWSis Posts: 1,448
edited November -1 in Off Topic
Hi Everyone; at long last after years of trying, Mark convinced me give up my shameful ways of "gassing" and buy an egg--the combination of him coming to visit along with a new Egg in the back of his truck was too good to pass up! Thanks to Lilac City Hearth who helped him get it into his truck at the NEEggfest! I've taken several pages of notes so far; he's so excited (I'm actually a little worried about him! hehe )to share his interest. I'm sure we'll be on the phone between VT and PA regularly for the next few weeks; I look forward to learning as I go! Julia

Comments

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    he's a good guy. you are lucky to have him as a tutor.

unfortunately, yes. you will become just as damaged as the rest of us.

embrace it.
    welcome aboard
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    Hi Julia!! Welcome!! Mark was so eggcited to get your egg to you and get you going! You have a great brother there and I enjoyed him a lot in NH. If you can not get hm and have an egging question just yell, someone on here will take good care of you :) Julie
  • WWSis
    Options
    Hi Julie! I'm pretty eggscited too! I never thought I'd cave, but it's official! Thank you for your offer of help; though Mark has warned me not to ask questions before searching...he doesn't want his newbie egger sister to embarrass him! haha
  • Mainegg
    Options
    LOL that is OK. one thing though this is the off topic forum and not many will see your post I don't think. it is a new section and for things that are not egg related. you should switch over to the regular egg head forum. you will get a much bigger response there :) So next year you will be in Nh cooking?? Julie
  • WWSis
    Options
    Hi! Yes, I'm in good hands with Mark's tuteledge! I have thought Mark worse than "damaged" when it comes to his eggheadedness! I am now embracing the road to being twisted too... :blink: Julia
  • WWSis
    Options
    Thanks, I don't know how I got to the off-topic area ? but I will switch over. I would actually like to go to NH; we'll see how fast I progress! I am an officer in our local VAST snowmobile club; my husband and I host our annual poker run every February and I am already brainstorming a Poker-run Egg-fest!
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    Compared to some of use Mark is just an Advanced Padawan!!

Welcome to the cult err.. family.
  • Mainegg
    Options
    Advanced Padawan??? OK Pete I have to ask??? WTH??
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    you know those guys in highschool who never kissed girls and were content to play dungeons and dragons? :whistle:

they know what a padawan is.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    Now how in the hell am I supposed to tell her what a Padawan is?
  • Mainegg
    Options
    LOL :huh: :cheer: :whistle:
  • lilaccityhearth
    Options
    Julia,

It was my pleasure to help Mark get the egg in his truck. I also hope you enjoyed having Mark for a few days. Hopefully he showed all his secrets he is just full of knowledge.

Mike