Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

The Frisper: New Take on the FoodSaver

Judy MayberryJudy Mayberry Posts: 1,469
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I saw (and bought) a different vacuum system on QVC called the Frisper and it intrigued me because the bags are ZIP-LOCKED at the top, so it's easy to get just part of the contents out. The bags come in two sizes and they're very similar to FoodSaver.bags in thickness.

I've used FoodSaver for a decade and this looks a lot more practical. You take out only what you want from the bag, zip up the top, then reseal the bag by means of holes along each side. The machine is a flat oval shape easy to fit on one hand, and to reseal you pierce a hole, air is sucked out, and the circle around it is heat-sealed shut (5 circles each side of bag, 10 uses for each bag).

I don't have anything to vacuum seal at the moment, so I will just give you the link to see for yourselves:

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx?view=2&app=detail&params=item^K24134,frames^y,from^se,cm_scid^isrc,cm_ssi^Item: K24134&cm_re=PAGE-_-SEARCH-_-K24134

Judy
San Diego, CA

Comments

• BuffaloChipBuffaloChip Posts: 106
    Judy Mayberry wrote:
    You take out only what you want from the bag, zip up the top, then reseal the bag by means of holes along each side. The machine is a flat oval shape easy to fit on one hand, and to reseal you pierce a hole, air is sucked out, and the circle around it is heat-sealed shut (5 circles each side of bag, 10 uses for each bag).

Judy
    San Diego, CA

This is from the site.

Reusing bags for meat, fish, or poultry is not recommended :(

Kinda defeats the purpose of resealing for most of the stuff I freeze.

--Dave
  • Judy MayberryJudy Mayberry Posts: 1,469
    So you can use it for meat or fish the first time only, but you can use it for other things after that, I think. I wash really well and reuse the FoodSaver bags that meat has been in (never reuse poultry), so for meat I think I would go for reusing them.

BTW, I did try it out today...big sale on broccoli crowns, so I bought a big bagful. Sealed them up in the gallon bags and it worked beautifully!

Judy