Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Sirloin Tip

doccjbdoccjb Posts: 238
edited 7:52AM in EggHead Forum
I've had some intermittent computer problems, which have limited my posting ability. They appear to have been resolved--this is Sunday dinner a week ago. Sirloin tip, rubbed with Cowlick, 240, indirect:
Two hours in:
Three hours in, and ready to pull off. Threw on some veggies in a drip pan at the 2 and a half hour mark:
Frankly, a little overdone for my tastes. However, I have a few in the home who like their beef a little closer to the well done range:

• TomM24TomM24 Posts: 1,364
    A little more done than I would like as well but it still looks nice a juicy so everyone should be happy. :)
  • Hey doc,

Sirlion tip roast is now one of my favorite cooks. It is inexpensive and tastes great. I usually rub mine with olive oil, kosher salt, red and black pepper.

• doccjbdoccjb Posts: 238
    I agree, it is inexpensive--i picked this one up at Kroger for $1.99 a pound.

Cowlick is probably a little much for this roast. The volume of rub needed gave this particular exterior a little too much kick.
  • Eggerman1Eggerman1 Posts: 154
    That looks amazing, but it would be in a hoagie with some au jus and horseradish!!!!!
  • BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
    Looks good, sorry it was a bit too done for you but seems to have worked out fine.

Did you use a meat slicer???