Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Sirloin Tip

doccjbdoccjb Posts: 238
edited 3:04PM in EggHead Forum
I've had some intermittent computer problems, which have limited my posting ability. They appear to have been resolved--this is Sunday dinner a week ago. Sirloin tip, rubbed with Cowlick, 240, indirect:
SirloinTip006.jpg
Two hours in:
SirloinTip008.jpg
Three hours in, and ready to pull off. Threw on some veggies in a drip pan at the 2 and a half hour mark:
SirloinTip015.jpg
Frankly, a little overdone for my tastes. However, I have a few in the home who like their beef a little closer to the well done range:
SirloinTip016.jpg
SirloinTip017.jpg

Comments

• TomM24TomM24 Posts: 1,364
    A little more done than I would like as well but it still looks nice a juicy so everyone should be happy. :)
  • Hey doc,

Sirlion tip roast is now one of my favorite cooks. It is inexpensive and tastes great. I usually rub mine with olive oil, kosher salt, red and black pepper.

Dan
  • doccjbdoccjb Posts: 238
    I agree, it is inexpensive--i picked this one up at Kroger for $1.99 a pound.

Cowlick is probably a little much for this roast. The volume of rub needed gave this particular exterior a little too much kick.
  • Eggerman1Eggerman1 Posts: 154
    That looks amazing, but it would be in a hoagie with some au jus and horseradish!!!!!
  • BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
    Looks good, sorry it was a bit too done for you but seems to have worked out fine.

Did you use a meat slicer???

Thanks,
    Bordello