Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef ribs

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Happened to come accross some beef ribs at the local grocery. Slathered them in mustard and "Cow Lick " rub yesterday. Now, how do I egg them?

Comments

• Tim H.,
    Well, seems to me that you need to remove the membrane off of the ribs. Hopefully uou did this already and just didn't mention it.[p]As far as cooking them goes, cook them indirect (wither with a plate setter, fire bricks, or pizza stone) and shoot for a dome temp of about 230°- 260° f. Throw on a chuck or two of wood for flavor if ya like. [p]Them ribs take a loooong time to cook so just be patient. I would guess that they will take from 6 - 8 hours. I did some yesterday and they came out great.[p]Hopefully someone will respond soon with a link for ya. I know that I always like the visiual aids.[p]Beers and good luck
    Matt.

• Chef Amy
    Chef Amy Posts: 19
    Options
    Tim H.,
    I did some yesterday for the first time. Rubbed them the night before. Used a little mesquite and plum for smoking. Cooked them indirect about 220 for 3 hours unwrapped, 3 hours wrapped in foil and 2 hours unwrapped. I lathered them with sauce the last 1/2 hour.[p]They were tender and tasty. Personally I prefer the pork ribs, but these were a good change of pace.