Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Ossobuco in Mango Ginger Habanero Sauce. My Best.

BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Last night we had our good friends Grace & Mike over for dinner.

DSCN4903.jpg

It all started with some simple toasted Vegetable colours..

DSCN4900.jpg

...followed by Alder Planked Strawberry Brie Crostinis....with fresh basil leaves prepared by my wife ...350* Dome...

RSCN4935.jpg
DSCN4915.jpg

....previously I had set 4 Pork Shanks on the clay pot with some red wine & a medium hot chili sauce...foiled it & on to the Egg at 290* Dome....'til 120* internal. Took the foil off & added the Mango Ginger Habanero sauce..tossed some cherry smoking wood chips & on to the Egg again at 400* Dome....'til the smell was just right...10-15 min...........

DSCN4944.jpg

.......the result was amazing.......

DSCN4917.jpg
DSCN4922.jpg

...tender...tender...tender......sweet & spicy with just a hint of habanero..medium hot......served just with mashed potatoes....the plate looks small... :laugh:

DSCN4923.jpg

....for dessert we had a Prosecco and Orange Sorbet Float...

RSCN4940.jpg

The girls enjoyed it tremendously......

DSCN4928.jpg

.........another great night at The Rocalla..........

DSCN4925.jpg

Comments