Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

7 pound brisket flat for the weekend, how long?

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Got a 7 pound brisket flat for the long weekend, planning to do the Dizzy Pig Cow Lick 50/50 with Turbinado sugar for the rub.[p]I'm wondering if this size brisket is a candidate for an overnight cook or will it be done too soon. Planning to do indirect over a dry drip pan on a V-rack.[p]Thanks for any suggestions, the forum has been of great help to this new egger.

Comments

• Fireball
    Fireball Posts: 354
    Options
    Arkansas Egghound,
    Plan on 1 1/2 to 2 hours per pound. That comes out to 10 1/2 to 14 hours.
    gary

• Charlie
    Options
    Arkansas Egghound,
    Don't believe the 200 degree meat temperature for a flat. I pulled one at 185 and it was way over cooked. Sunday I cooked a flat to 158 internal - it was much better. 5.5 pounds took about 9.5 hours.[p]What internal temperature did you cook to?[p]Charlie

• Rex
    Rex Posts: 16
    Options
    Charlie, What is it with a brisket? Some times they turn out grainy, almost unchewable. Other times they are the most tender and delicious bite of meat to be found.
    Do you know the secret of how to make brisket perfect every time?
    Rex