Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Barks Worse Than His Bite

lilaccityhearth
lilaccityhearth Posts: 142
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Met stike today and it was nice to put a face to a name. We were at the New Eggland Fest. I also met Weekend Warrior. I really feel part of the family (The Forum)

Comments

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    Sounds like the weather held out for you. Can't wait to see all the pics, I know Julie probably took a ton :whistle:
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    hahaha

likewise.

i already told fidel off line tonight that after we (you and I) met, i was afraid i didn't make my point well back on the forum when you first posted. for what it is worth, i have always lamented the lack (in my area) of educated dealers that are regular users of the BGE. got the feeling i might have come across differently than i intended originally (Surprise! that never happens with me)

i think it's best for their customers, BGE, and those of us who'd like our dealers to do well (so that they'll stick around), when a dealer is an educated user.

that's what my original post to you ("i hope you also cook on the thing...") was about. didn't mean to say i suspected you weren't a good dealer, was saying i hoped you were...

and i saw today that you did cook on it. i think i said to you (and I mean it) wish i had a dealer like you near me, just north of boston). mansfield guys know their stuff (too far), and middleton is ok (if the "one guy" who cooks on the egg is in when you go there). in my town, the guy is ok. but i don't think he cares about it unless it sells. doesn't actively "sell it" himself.

did you try the duck prosciutto? the first woman that tried it spit it out. hahaha I said "i see. one vote for 'no'". Sean was kind, and said some nice things. haha his brisket was perfect, by the way.

kinda s*cked getting there late and leaving early, but that's how the last week of june is for us (long standing vacation week).

after we left, did you notice anyone getting medical attention after trying the prosciutto?

oh. and not five minutes ago, my oldest boy came over and said the "guy next to us had the best 'chicken' he ever had. " and it was his favorite thing. was your pork, actually. you have a fan.

not just saying that because you slid me that freebie bag of gold, too. he was a trouper. tried something at almost every table.

anyway. thanks for the conversation and the beer, and the food, and the charcoal. now. see what you can do about opening a shop down here. hahaha
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • That means alot from my biggest critic (About opening a shop down your way) I am glad your sons liked the chicken and pork. I have three kids so cooking simple is what i do. No medical attention for any duck eaters. Again i was just pulling you chaing about you dealer comments. There always has to be a ying and yang.
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Mark is great, was Thea wit him. He only let's her out occasionally.
  • stike
    often, i am simply just a ying-yang.

glad you were chain-yanking. didn't want to offend you. usually i'm really clear if i'm trying to offend someone. hahaha
  • AnnaG
    AnnaG Posts: 1,104
    Stike, are you guys going to be at Eggtoberfest? I would like to meet you...

I am still thinking about the people that came over to your home for the birfday party... You and your family MUST be nice people to put up with that... Didn't want to stir you up about that again, but wanted to let you know that I respect how you guys were wonderful hosts, even with buttheads... :)
  • I think i will be a vegetarian for a day. Still full!!! Some much food not enough time. I forgot his name but those dates and apricots were amazing.
  • I think i will be a vegetarian for a day. Still full!!! Some much food not enough time. I forgot his name but those dates and apricots were amazing.
  • stike
    where we were" essexco (paul and althea).

we are lucky enough to have dinner with them once a month or so, and we each try to do something different if we can. (they out-cook us by a factor of 10). i have had the dates and fruit a number of times and different iterations, and i always eat as much as possible, with no shame what so ever. the food is too good to be shy. they do practice runs for parties and the fest, where they try out recipes. been lucky enough to be guinea pigs for them a couple times.

i make althea's pizza all the time, claiming credit for it when we serve it to guests.

they are the nicest pair of people you'll ever meet.
  • Very nice! It must be your wife cause they are to nice to hang out with you! :laugh:
  • stike
    i get nervous when forum folks want to meet me. usually it's because i p!ssed them off. hhaha

as a followup to the night of guests-from-hell. we were invited to THEIR son's b-day party. remember they were at my son's party when they acted like that? anyway. their party was out of town at a camp. on the long ride up, i entertained fantasies of being just as big a jag-weed, getting drunk, mocking the food and beer. i was ready to go. great visions of destruction and table-turning, get-even kinda stuff.

i thanked them, complimented them on the food, and behaved.
  • stike
    yep. my wife gets us the return invite. not me!
  • Hopefully you dont mind the satire
  • AnnaG
    AnnaG Posts: 1,104
    I can tell you that you have never pissed me off and been nothing but helpful... The way that you behaved at their party just proves that you are good peeps... :)

I don't know if I could have been that nice, I would like to think that I could though... Hee hee...
  • stike
    nah. i apply irony heavily all the time. tough though. fishless likes to say that many of us from new england are often misunderstood because of our sense of humor (or what appears to others as a lack thereof).

i have learned enough times when trying tobe funny that i need to sprinkle frikin green smilies and "ha ha ha" things into my posts so folks know i'm joking.

:pinch: ha ha ha