Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cap & Trade or not, I'm stocking up!

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,888
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
With the potential price increase coming I made a trip today and now have 400 pounds of lump on hand. I plan to increase my horde, but need to do gradually so wifey isn't suspicious! :whistle:
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Damn smart way to go Ron, Sc--w the govt. Hope to hell that get shot down.

Now, I do worry about your well being, don't let the wifey know. :woohoo:

Regards,
    Bordello
    Workinng hard
  • porterhouse64
    Options
    400 pounds is a nice haul.

An extra bag per month is about all I can handle/store.
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    Options
    LOL, My idea of a horde is closer to 40#. When you live in a tin shoe box called a park model mobile home storage is a scarce commodity. I cross my eye's and I bump into something. :blink:

I have heard of a lot of people that are doing the same thing with ammo. If we can get people to stockpile a few more items the economy will heal it self. :woohoo:

Ah well, at least my lump and ammo are always fresh. LOL.

Gator
  • Bordello
    Options
    Ammo :woohoo:
    Have guys out here buying 2,000 rounds at a time and one guy that re-loads says he has about 3,000 rounds he's working on. :woohoo:

A lot of us are not happy with the way things are going. :angry:

Have a Great weekend,
    Bordello
    in a war zone :lol:
  • RRP
    Options
    what you'll have to do is hide some under your bed, or one day throw a sheet over an end table and tell your wife that you're protecting it from the sun. Then when she's gone remove the table and replace it with 6 bags of lump and then cover them with the sheet again. Repeat this trick with all the furniture in your mobile home until you have a horde like me! :laugh:
  • Bordello
    Options
    :woohoo:
    I have no wife,I have the yard blower in the dinning area, lump bag in the living rm. by the sliding glass doors to the patio, drill motor case on the floor in the living rm. :whistle:

I don't have a bed so that is out of the question. :laugh:

Now, I must say, you're doing great, I like the way you think. :lol:

Keep doing it.

Cheers,
    Bordello
  • USDA Prime
    USDA Prime Posts: 89
    Options
    What next? And what am I going to do with all these bullets and now lump?? :sick: !! :( ?? :huh:
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options

Ummmmmm... Bordello and no bed. oxymoron indeed.

GG
  • FSUScotsman
    FSUScotsman Posts: 754
    Options
    I was listening to a "best of" show of Andrew Wilkow today from one day this past week. I never really get to listen to him, but guess what? He was talking about how they were going to raise taxes on CHARCOAL under cap and trade!!! I just about fell out. I wish I could have taped it.
  • FSUScotsman
    FSUScotsman Posts: 754
    Options
    I've more ammo right now as well. I've bought a lot for my pistols.
  • Bordello
    Options
    More room without one. :woohoo:

My Best,
    Bordello
  • JohnB
    JohnB Posts: 183
    Options
    Get off my lawn!
  • RRP
    Options
    huh?
  • JohnB
    JohnB Posts: 183
    Options
    I'm sure somebody can chime in as to the meaning.
  • rho1640
    rho1640 Posts: 118
    Options
    I'm so new I don't even have an egg yet - but I have a question for here - how are you all storing all this extra - and do you live where it damp (like I do) does that make a difference - for example I wouldn't want to store in my basement because no matter what I do with dehumidifiers etc - it gets musty - would the lump absorb the mustiness and give it off when you cook ...

Nothing like putting the cart before the horse huh? I am researching away - haven't even tried to convince hubby to get one yet - don't know if I want a large or med or what - and asking about fuel lol
  • RRP
    Options
    You are very smart in starting to ask questions before diving in! I live in Illinois and I store my horde in my garage which is unheated etc. Lump charcoal is actually 100% carbon, but the packaging is mere paper and yes that paper bag could get wet and mildew. I'm not sure the mildew would affect the lump, but it is a consideration I suppose. Keep asking questions - that's how most of us got here and love this board!
  • rho1640
    rho1640 Posts: 118
    Options
    thanks -- I have some questions I was thinking about starting a thread on the main one - maybe I will do that now

thanks again..
  • porterhouse64
    Options
    JohnB wrote:
    Get off my lawn!

Gran Torino reference (Clint Eastwood)
  • Willie Lump Lump
    Options
    Your thoughts of stockpiling 400 pounds of charcoal are the most generous thing you could do for the environment. Charcoal is fixed carbon and locking that amount of carbon in this way is greatly beneficial.
    For those whose comments where that they don’t have room in their homes for that much charcoals you can always bury it under the sod.

Of course if you should want to put it in an Egg ……..
    :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
    TTFN WLL
  • Egmont Key
    Egmont Key Posts: 69
    Options
    Looks like I'm gona have to stockpile storage sheds!