Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Garlic roast

Options
maler
maler Posts: 3
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi folks,
It's been a while since I lasted posted or read, but I thought you might like to hear about a nice roast beef I did a couple of weeks ago. (Roast beef just CAN'T evoke the kind of comments I got when I wrote about the smoked beef tongue I did a few weeks ago.)[p]I stuffed it with garlic that I'd poked into holes made with a steak knife. Then it was marinated overnight in a combination of Yoshida's sauce, apple cider vinegar, red wine, olive oil, Vietnamese sriracha hot sauce and more powdered spices (garlic, Hungarian paprika, ginger).[p]The next day it cooked for 4 hours at 350 degrees and came out medium and very tasty. Sadly, it's time in the world was short but unmourned: plenty more where that came from![p]Next: lamb satay. I'll let you know when that happens.[p]Keep egging.[p]Larry.

Comments

• SpiceCooks
    Options
    maler,
    That sounds like a great meal. Maybe need to post the recipe. What kind of hot sauce was that you used?

• maler
    maler Posts: 3
    Options
    SpiceCooks,[p]It's called Sriracha, and it's made in California, but you mostly see it in Vietnamese restaurants. It's got Vietnamese writing on the bottle, anyway. Most oriental groceries carry it, and it's dirt-cheap and very good. It contains chili, garlic, vinegar (I think) and preservatives (unavoidable).[p]It tastes great! If I'm eating Tonkinese soup in a Viet resto, I usually put some in.[p]Larry