Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A great dessert idea for the egg :=)

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    hey man can't look at the link but seen your name and wanted to say hi!!

hope alls well with you.. B)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    Hi Pharmeggist,

Paula Deen is going to be the death of me yet! She is a diabetics night mare (just kidding). Those look wonderful.

Check out her Gorilla Bread, it is to die for! I made it once (non-egg) and only once, it was killer.

Gator
  • Pharmeggist
    Pharmeggist Posts: 1,191
    Hi to you too!

All the kids are asleep :woohoo:

If you can't open the link do a google search for Paula Dean's cookie smore's you should find it on the foodnetwork site ;)

Happy Egging :)
  • BENTE
    i got this in a email the other day

5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE
    4 tablespoons flour
    4 tablespoons sugar
    2 tablespoons cocoa
    1 egg
    3 tablespoons milk
    3 tablespoons oil
    3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
    A small splash of vanilla extract
    1 large coffee mug (MicroSafe)

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly. Pour in the milk and oil and mix well..

Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again.
    Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.

The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!

Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.
    EAT! (this can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous).

And why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world?

Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate

cake at any time of the day or night!

If you try this and it's really really good...please do not tell me!! :):):)

not sure who sent it to mebut it looks like a really good idea also it may be worth trying on the egg in a coffee mug ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Pharmeggist
    Thanks for the recipe B)

I haven't cooked any desserts on the egg lately..
    I have low glucose levels I guess :whistle: so I got to fix it :)
  • Pharmeggist
    Sure you don't want a report :silly:
  • BENTE
    nope i want pictures :evil:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Pharmeggist
    Update:
    I used a Microwave safe bowl that I normally melt velveta cheese in and mix salsa in with for nachos. So it is like an oversized coffee mug. Everything looked like it was supposed too! It looked like it was going to overflow from the bowl but it didn't. Ok I am waiting now for about 5 minutes to let it cool a little bit. I will write back shortly...
  • BENTE
    damn you been taking some of those meds you supply out????

or you just got the munchies :whistle: :woohoo:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Pharmeggist
    Hi Bente,
    I only got one picture of the chocolate cake (in the cup)as the camera was full of pictures of my daughter from Vacation Bible School.

With that said the cake turned out good... the only thing I didn't have was chocolate chips that would of made it a little moister but the recipe worked real well. The cake was cooked all the way through :)

I can't find the cable to down load the pic to the computer :(

THAT WAS REALLY FUN!!! I am going to do it again and make sure I have some vanilla ice cream to go with it too!

Many Thanks
    ~Pharmeggist
  • BENTE
    well it looked like it would work! when i read it.. just wish i knew who sent it to me so i could give credit where it is due!!

wonder if a coffee mug would hold up to the temps of the egg?? i guess it would :S the wonder would be what temps and how long i am guessing 350 for about 30 min or so.. i mean most coffee mugs are made of something that resembles ceramic? i never thought much of it but it would be cool to have a picture of 4 or 6 mugs with cake running out of it indirect of course

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Pharmeggist
    I really do think we need help ;) SERIOUSLY

If I can figure out how to make vanilla Ice cream on the egg I will let you know :whistle:

I liked the recipe so much I forwarded it to my work e-mail to share come Monday.
  • BENTE
    hopefully someone will see this and and claim it.. i got it from a email i get from a egghead but i am not sure of the handle i get proabably 20 emails a week from this person or persons but i have no idea who it is..

and i feel bad about it :(

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Desert Filly
    Desert Filly Posts: 1,042
    they're not the chocolate chip cookies...but I've done smore's with the grand daughters....at the Tempe fest.

P1020957.jpg
    Riley and Reagan making perfect marshmellows

P1020925.jpg
    doing a taste test