Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Carnivore Sauce Question

Options
Eggerman1
Eggerman1 Posts: 155
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have never tasted the Carnivore sauces, but I love hot sauces so I know I am going to order some hot, but what does the "robust" taste like and is it worth purchasing?

Comments

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    The robust does have a kick but the chipotle is the hot. The robust is my favorite but I have not tried the sweet sauce yet. Great product.
  • Eggerman1
    Options
    Are they thick like KC Masterpiece or thinner like a Gates with a vinegar taste?

Guess I will just get all three ;)
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Kind of a medium bodied and good taste not a vinegar taste. I like that it compliments not overpowers the cook. The chipotle is a bit hot for me but I'm a wimp :blush::whistle: The sweet will be added to my next restock of the robust
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    Options
    Glad to hear that I'm not the only one around here a little Scoville shy! Pain and good food in the same mouth full doesn't make any sense to me. :P

Gator
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    The robust is a lot like the Arthur Bryant's Sweet and Spicy sauce only with a better finish.

The body is between KCM and Gates. A little thicker than Gates but not quite as thick as the KCM.
  • Eggerman1
    Options
    Good, KCM is too thick for me and I can't get enough gates, but love to try new sauces. Over the 4th I will loading up on Hillsdale Hot, that stuff is so good and I bet it simple to make.

Thanks to all for the answers, got to love the forum.
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    Fidel nailed it :) it does have a nice finish. I would mix a case :) the sweet is good with out hardly any heat. I like hot and the hot is right up there. but with flavor. all heat for just heats sake is not good.