Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I ate a serving of the world's largest....

Options
Roudy
Roudy Posts: 431
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
...peach cobbler in Fort Valley GA at the annual Peach Festival last Saturday. The darn thing measured in at 5 by 11 feet by six inches. It was hot as blazes this weekend, so the hot cobbler served at 2 pm in full sunlight wasn't exactly what I was craving. Tasted pretty good however. Would have been better with some vanilla bean ice cream. For the recipe, go to:

http://www.worldslargestpeachcobbler.com/recipe.cfm

Roudy

Comments

• vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Holy Smoly John that is huge...in this heat I bet that was a b%*ch to make...
  • ob
    ob Posts: 17
    Options
    I grew up in Ft Valley, graduated from Peach Co in 1973. During the summers I worked at the peach packing shed sometimes 12 -14 hours a day - That might be before your time - My Mom made the best peach cobbler - Nothing better that a ripe peach from Ft Valley - I currently live in Weatherford TX (west of Fort Worth) and they brag about their knotty peaches - They have a peach fest each yr too. - They just don't know what a good peach taste like :)
  • Roudy
    Roudy Posts: 431
    Options
    If you aren't Hispanic, I'm not sure you'd be working in the Lane Packing shed anymore. Sure looks like hard work for the packers, but I'm sure it beats picking the fruit out in the scorching fields!