Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Lineup

Options
QBabe
QBabe Posts: 2,275
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi All:[p]I've been doing a bunch of test cooks lately, to get ready for the upcoming Florida Q-Fest and Eggtoberfest in October. Not all the pics below are contenders for the events, but a girl's gotta eat in between![p]Friday's Cooks
For an appetizer, we did a new wing recipe that was adapted from Wild Wings in Smoke and Spice. Cooked them direct on a raised grid at around 300°, flipping every 10-15 minutes, for about an hour.[p]wild-wings.jpg[p]Dinner was a beautiful ribeye steak with roasted yukon gold potatoes and a nice tossed salad. Rubbed the steak with some olive oil and a combination of Dizzypig Cow Lick and Swamp Venom. Got that little egg up to 750°, threw the ribeye on for 2 minutes per side, pulled the steak off and let it rest while the egg cooled down to 400°, threw it back on, and let it finish up...Mmmmmm! [p]ribeye-with-fire.jpg[p]Saturday's Cooks
It was a day for mulitple seafood cooks. Did some scallops wrapped in bacon with some veggies on the side. Onions were drizzled in olive oil and sprinkled with salt and pepper. For the tomatoes, I heated some olive oil, sauteed some minced garlic 'til it started smelling good, but wasn't brown, drizzled that on the tomatoes and added a splash of a lemon/ginger infused balsamic vinegar and some fresh rosemary.[p]scallops-onion-tomato.jpg[p]Also did some Ragin' River Salmon with Maple/Butter Glaze and some Hawaiian Swordfish Kabobs with Rosemary Skewers. The salmon was outstanding, but unfortunately the swordfish was overdone and chewy. I had the grill set up for the salmon (i.e., raised grid, dome temp at 350°'ish), so maybe the swordfish should have been not a raised grid and hotter...? Oh well, they don't ALL go perfectly (smiley)! Took a nice pic, though...[p]seafood-mix-up.jpg[p]Sunday's Cooks
Got the tiniest pork butt I've ever seen on the Small right now. For lunch, we have bratwurst planned. When those come off, I'll be cooking some Tsunami Chicken Thighs which will cool and be chopped up for Chicken Canneloni with a Bechamel Cream and Parmesan Sauce. Also on tap as an appetizer before dinner are Grilled Portabella Mushrooms with Fontina.[p]Happy Sunday to All!
Tonia
:~)

Comments