Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My, oh my!!!!

Options
JSlot
JSlot Posts: 1,218
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, I've been practicing up for heading out onto the competition trail in a much more active manner. With that in mind, I put on a brisket last night. OH MY GOODNESS!!! By far, the best look, taste and texture I've done to date.[p]First, I rubbed the 11 lb. brisket with mustard and coated it with Tony Chechere's seasoning. Put it on last night at about 6:45pm. Cooked between 230-250° until I pulled it at an internal temp of 198° where the flat meets the point. It came off about 6:00am. That's roughly an hour per pound for this one.[p]One thing I did differently is that I mopped this one. Oh, wait, I did try another major change, too. After reading Ray's method in The BBQ'er, I went with it. At least I think it was his method. Anyway, I started the brisket with the fat side down for 4 hours. I then flipped it and began mopping every 1½ hours with the following mop I concocted:[p]½ cup water
6 oz. beer
3 beef boullion cubes
3 T. onion powder
1 T. dried minced onion
¼ stick butter[p]I simmered the mop for 30 minutes and then left on warm the rest of the night. The smell of that mop is enough to make you slap yo' momma!! If you wanted to cut down on the salt some, use one less boullion cube.[p]I'm cooking a Beaufort stew for about 20 folks tonight and I bought a case of fresh picnics (59¢/lb.) today and I'll put a couple of those on tonight as well.[p]Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!!!!![p]Jim

Comments