Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Reverse sear without the hot tub or hot water

Darnoc
Darnoc Posts: 2,661
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
You can thank Cooks Illustrated for this one.Get your Egg stable at 275 degrees.
052.jpg
Get ready for a indirect set up and season your steaks.
053.jpg
Cook till the temperature is 105 degrees internal.Remove the steaks and meanwhile get the Egg up to 700 degrees.
055.jpg
After a 15 minute rest put the steaks back ond and cook for 90 seconds per side.
056.jpg
Remove and let rest for about eight minutes and slice.Now it is time to chow down.
056.jpg

Steak is always a happy meal.To all of the Dad's out there have a good one tomorrow.

Comments

• Darnoc
    Please not again.Here they are sliced.
    057.jpg
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Yum!! They look fantastic. I've got some ribeye cut steaks I can't wait to try soon. I like that style of cook. Good eats for sure.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • DrZaius
    DrZaius Posts: 1,481
    That looks great. Where did you get that adjustable CI grate? Me must have! :P
    This is the greatest signature EVAR!
  • cookn biker
    I agree!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • Darnoc
    I got mine at Home Depot for $29.00.Here is a shot of it.
    http://www.charbroil.com/consumer/product_detail_e.aspx?ProductID=2245&CategoryID=27

I love mine.You can put it on top of the Egg or lower it to the lowest position there is without laying your meat directly on top of the coals.To do that you would have to remove the fire ring.Then there is the option of every thing in between.To me it was $30.00 well spent.
  • cookn biker
    Thanks Bill.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Darnoc
    If you want to get as hot as it can get here is a shot of the fire ring removed with the adjustable grate on top.No need to worry about expansion because that puppy is adjustable.I just keep about a 1/4 inch clearance from the sides of the Egg and if that expands more than that I do not want to be near the Egg.

058.jpg

Hope this answers your questions.
  • DrZaius
    DrZaius Posts: 1,481
    That looks very interesting. I will check it out. Thanks
    This is the greatest signature EVAR!
  • BeerBQ
    BeerBQ Posts: 119
    Nice looking steaks Darnoc! How long did it take to hit the 105 mark? I'll still go by temp, but just curious how long that part took.
  • Eggerman1
    Eggerman1 Posts: 155
    Look amazing, great idea!

Will have to try, great reason why the forum is awesome!