Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just got a $100 BGE Gift Card! But, a dilemma!

Options
ThinkandDrive
ThinkandDrive Posts: 84
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So, I have been doing reference calls and convention presentations for a vendor of my company's for some time. Our sales guy is a really good guy and we grabbed some drinks together after a presentation about a month ago. I started talking about food, then grilling, then I evangelized about the Big Green Egg. He was really interested and I told him all about it.

Got into work this week to find a letter on my desk from him thanking me for all the good representation I've been doing. Inside was a $100 Big Green Egg gift card! I was totally stunned and shot a thank-you email off to him immediately.

Now, my dilemma; My wife is pregnant and I'm taking a new job soon where I'll be train commuting to Washington D.C. I love my BGE, but am pretty well stocked up for eggcessories and stuff for now. I was throwin around the idea of offering the gift card up for trade on Craigslist or even this forum for something like an Amazon gift certificate or something that I could use for either a) Baby stuff or b) An Amazon Kindle to read on the train since I expect I'll be spending any extra money I have on baby stuff already. :lol:

Anyhow, I thought I'd duck in here and say Happy Father's Day to y'all and share my dilemma.

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    I think that your ideas are terrific. Let's see the responses. Very selfless of you future daddy! Happy dad day!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • FL Smoker
    FL Smoker Posts: 4
    Options
    congradulations, being a father of two small ones i can say use the money if you need something< because for the next 2 years you will be the last person you think of. enjoy the time @ time with a baby is money in the bank :)
  • PhilsGrill
    PhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Options
    Sell the BGE certificate for $90 cash and take your wife out to dinner.
  • SLOandSteady
    SLOandSteady Posts: 210
    Options