Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Bacon Eggplosion

SmokinJSmokinJ Posts: 220
edited 1:11PM in EggHead Forum
I am making a bacon eggplosion to take to a party. If I wrap in foil to take with after it's cooked do you think that will make the bacon soft.I was wondering how to keep it hot but crisp.

Thanks

Comments

• Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    It will soften to much. Maybe crisp it back up in a broiler.

Mike
  • SmokinJSmokinJ Posts: 220
    I wont have the broiler option. I guess I will cook it and take it on plate. Hopefully it will be a little warm . It's like a 20-25 min drive.
    tent it
    Thanks. for the suggestions. I will try tenting. Besides it bacon sause and cheese it will taste good no matter what.

DSC03377-1.jpg

DSC03378-1.jpg
    Great pics of the bacon wrapped like that.

Mike
  • RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    Looks cool....But I must take my turn at a silly question. What's inside? Pork loin or t-loin?
  • DHallDHall Posts: 180
    Ripnem wrote:
    Looks cool....But I must take my turn at a silly question. What's inside? Pork loin or t-loin?

http://www.bbqaddicts.com/blog/general/bacon-explosion-fan-club/
    I had some silver star hot sausage links I put through the kitchen aid grinder. I kept 2 1/2 links whole to run the length of the eggplosion and had some crumbled bacon and provolone cheese and rolled up.