Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Bacon Eggplosion

SmokinJSmokinJ Posts: 220
edited 11:44AM in EggHead Forum
I am making a bacon eggplosion to take to a party. If I wrap in foil to take with after it's cooked do you think that will make the bacon soft.I was wondering how to keep it hot but crisp.

Thanks
·

Comments

• Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    It will soften to much. Maybe crisp it back up in a broiler.

Mike
    ·
  • SmokinJSmokinJ Posts: 220
    I wont have the broiler option. I guess I will cook it and take it on plate. Hopefully it will be a little warm . It's like a 20-25 min drive.
    ·
    tent it
    ·
    Thanks. for the suggestions. I will try tenting. Besides it bacon sause and cheese it will taste good no matter what.

DSC03377-1.jpg

DSC03378-1.jpg
    ·
    Great pics of the bacon wrapped like that.

Mike
    ·
  • RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    Looks cool....But I must take my turn at a silly question. What's inside? Pork loin or t-loin?
    ·
  • DHallDHall Posts: 180
    Ripnem wrote:
    Looks cool....But I must take my turn at a silly question. What's inside? Pork loin or t-loin?

http://www.bbqaddicts.com/blog/general/bacon-explosion-fan-club/
    ·
    I had some silver star hot sausage links I put through the kitchen aid grinder. I kept 2 1/2 links whole to run the length of the eggplosion and had some crumbled bacon and provolone cheese and rolled up.
    ·