Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Greatest Wife, Coolest Gift

ZippylipZippylip Posts: 4,308
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Father’s day came early (she couldn’t wait), my wife presented me with a giant color book containing mostly everything I have photographed since joining the forum last summer. It is 87 pages of egg-grub. For weeks, she snuck around & cut, copied & pasted all of this somehow without me knowing, I was blown away. The book was made on Shutterfly, all my pictures are on Photobucket, so she actually went through the hard drive to copy the pictures, then dredged through the forum to find all of my posts so she could put the names in the book, which wouldn’t be an issue if I just called stuff what it was :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Here is a photo of the cover & I pasted the link below so you can actually scroll through the book if interested:

IMG_3554.jpg

The link:

http://community.shutterfly.com/gallery/post/start.sfly?postId=/gallery/1/post/GMGDJgyYOW7JkxYC2x67ig&emid=eafpbview&linkid=link5
·

Comments

• mollysharkmollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Boy, I salute her. A labor of love for sure. You're a lucky guy!

mShark
    ·
  • EmarfEmarf Posts: 167
    very nice gift
    ·
  • A truly great keepsake, it took a lot of work to put all that together, thanks for sharing. Bucky Buckshot
    ·
  • WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
    I been waiting for that link since she told me about it...thats awesome...I can only imagine the time she put into it. You are a lucky man " Zippy the pig " :laugh: :) :laugh:
    ·
  • WOW! That was amazing. What a wonderful gift! Thanks for sharing!
    ·
  • Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,418
    Good mornin Zippy. This book is very cool, beautifuly done and is a testament to your outrageously creative cooking talent straight from the heart of Zippyland. :woohoo: Your wife did an outstanding job with this gift. Happy Fathers Day!
    ·
  • Susan EgglaineSusan Egglaine Posts: 2,430
    VERY thoughtful gift!
    ·
  • ZippylipZippylip Posts: 4,308
    no question, and I might add that this is very typical of her, thoughtful beyond the call of duty
    ·
    Wess, if you saw this thing in person you wouldn't believe it, the time she put in to organize the photos in groups, different layouts on each page, just unbelievable. And yes, I am a pig by comparison :laugh:
    ·
    Thank you, thank you, and my wife thanks you, happy fathers day to you too
    ·
  • WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
    It was on the back cover... :laugh:
    ·
    and that little fella's gonna have a new perch soon, stay tuned
    ·
  • bitslammerbitslammer Posts: 818
    Wow that is really sweet! It also really shows your knack for putting anything on a pizza crust.

Layout is incredible. Has to be one of the best gifts I've seen hands down.
    ·
  • lowercasebilllowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    subject of your post says it all.
    happy father's day
    bill
    ·
    thanks bill, & happy day to you too, will the cooking pit be preparing dinner today (or building an ark)
    ·
  • SmokeyBonesSmokeyBones Posts: 190
    Marc, give that wife of yours a raise!!!!! WOW what an awesome gift.
    ·
  • Very, very nice, Marc. What a great coffee table book. Good for you, and good for her for doing that for you!

Faith
    Tampa, FL
    ·
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,665
    Hey Marc I haven't checked the link yet but if the book is about your cooks is it safe to assume it's science fiction :whistle: :P . You are a lucky guy, thats a great gift.
    ·
  • ;) VERY cool and a very happpy Father's Day :)
    ·
    why thank you patrick, mom home yet?
    ·
  • Ross in VenturaRoss in Ventura Posts: 6,434
    You do have a GREAT WIFE Mark, you are a lucky guy

Ross
    ·
  • lowercasebilllowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    he is cooking tomorrow . i'm in charge of the ark..
    sitting in the clubhouse watching the rain
    ·
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,665
    She got in late Thursday so I got my South Philly pretzel fix :woohoo: :woohoo: I keep trying but just can't quite get the dough right.
    ·
    Thanks Ross, I did notice however that the book is light on cheeseburgers, after seeing all the ones you've been making lately, I decided that cheeseburgers will rule the day for Father's Day tomorrow, so I shall pull out the grinder attachment & get busy ;)
    ·
  • RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    Boy is that ever cool.
    ·
  • Ross in VenturaRoss in Ventura Posts: 6,434
    Sounds like its going to be a great feast

Ross
    ·
  • TXTrikerTXTriker Posts: 1,177
    Nice album, Zip. Your wife must have put a lot of time into that. A keepsake.
    ·
  • HungryManHungryMan Posts: 3,470
    That is cool. If anyone asks about an egg, that's the Torah of egging.
    ·
  • BraddogBraddog Posts: 212
    Very Cool! I did one of these for my wife for Mother's Day...of course it wasn' full of BBQ pics! ;)

Cheers,
    Braddog
    ·
  • Boss HoggBoss Hogg Posts: 1,377
    Zips,
    Karen did a really nice job. I think you should you keep her!
    BC
    ·