Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

how much coal is used for a 6hr cook in a lbge?

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
about what size of a chimney coal bucket?

Comments

• Zip
    Zip Posts: 372
    bbqMon,[p]Generally speaking for low fire, it doesn't hurt to fill the firebox up to the ring. You didn't mention size of cooker or desired cooking temp, that could be a consideration.[p]Ashley
  • Zip,[p]large, and a temp around 225-250.[p]the fire ring is about what size compared to a chimney starter?
  • Zip
    Zip Posts: 372
    bbqMon,[p]Well the fire ring is the extension of the firebox that the actual grill sets on. To start a low and slow I fire off a couple hands full of lump in the egg or use a chimney starter and dump into the egg. Place my dry smoking wood on top of the lit and then fill the egg with lump to the bottom of the fire ring. Put in my indrect setup like plate setter and drip pan and close the lid. The bottom vent should be about the thickness of a credit card and I don't use a top. Let it settle down and stabilize for about 20 minutes or so until the thick acrid smoke subsides. Then place your meat on and make small adjustments to dial in the temp.[p]Ashley
  • Zip,
    so it takes the same amount of full in a bge as it does in a wsm?