Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

CNN "Grill Master" Update # 2

Spring ChickenSpring Chicken Posts: 9,734
edited 4:50AM in EggHead Forum
Got another email a couple of days ago from CNN asking questions about my video. Those of you who may be thinking of submitting something should keep these in mind.

* Can you confirm you shot this video? Is there anyone else to courtesy?
* When was this shot?
* How long have you owned your Big Green Eggs?
* What sizes do you have?
* When did you build your outdoor kitchen? How long did it take?
* How often do you grill?
* Do you have a specialty?
* What do you like best about grilling?
* Do you give CNN permission to share your iReport online and/or on TV?

Then I got this today.

As part of our “grill master” series, we’re planning a piece about Eggheads. I would, of course, love to include your story! I have a couple of additional questions for you.

* What’s your wife’s first name? Does she mind being mentioned in this story?
* Do you have any photos of you and your wife in the Coop? (If you are wearing your “Egghead” shirt, that would be fantastic!)
* Have any friends or family bought Big Green Eggs thanks to your encouragement?
* How old are you?
* What do you do for a living?

If these are 'test questions' I think I can answer enough to pass LOL

The statement, "As part of our “grill master” series, we’re planning a piece about Eggheads." really got my attention. I may have to polish up the Chicken Ranch some, maybe lubricate the joints on 'The Girls' and start behaving... Naaaaaaa!

That's the latest folks.

Spring "Life Is Way Too Short To Be Serious" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

• vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    Watch out the paparazzi maybe following you around real know Paris Hilton might even drop by... :lol: :silly: :pinch:
  • Keep jumpin' through those hoops, Leroy. You're doin' us proud!

Good eggin'
  • johannjohann Posts: 111
    Did you post your entry to youtube? can we have a look?
  • Spring ChickenSpring Chicken Posts: 9,734
    It's on YouTube but you can go directly to the CNN source.

Spring "Me In Action" Chicken
    Getting too old to jump but I'm trying.

Spring "Look, Up In The Air. It Ain't Spring Chicken" Chicken
    Ha... Paris would find the Chicken Ranch interesting. She will likely recognize Ms Mona, since they are from the same fru-fru line. But Ms Mona has seniority here and freely exercises it when threatened by intruders.

As for the paparazzi, I've got my Flip video camera. Maybe I can make a movie of them snooping around.

Spring "In House Paparazzi" Chicken
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    Thats just great Leroy, can't think of a better ambassador :) Do we have to start calling you "Mr. Chicken" :ermm: Also heard that entertainment tonight and peoples magazine are looking for you :P .

PS,,, don't send them the hot tub pictures B)
    You mean this one?

Heck, I didn't even have the radio on.

They know where to find me if they REALLY want me.

Spring "Me In The Raw" Chicken
  • stikestike Posts: 15,597
    good going, Spring "...i'm ready for my close-up" Chicken (you can use that one, no fee.)
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
    Wanna be in the movies huh? Send a sample of yourself just being you. Like any amateur picture-taker I will review it with a critical eye and if you've got 'it' I will give you just consideration for one of my next blog-busters.

Spring "Moving Up To Smaller Circles" Chicken
  • stikestike Posts: 15,597
    no no no. i was saying YOU should use that line. i'm a troglodyte
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    Just kidding.... :laugh:
    Good stuff man, showem the stuff. ;)
    Ha... Trickery will get you anywhere.

Now that we know CNN intends to do a story on the Big Green Egg, I think others should chime in with their own story about their Eggs.

I'll try to promote a few things, like Eggfests, the Forum, the friendships that have developed, the colorful characters, the Eggs in competition events and most certainly Eggtoberfest. If they REALLY want to do a story they can get enough out of all that to do a whole summer series.

Yea, and invite a few of us to New York or some place that's cooler than in Texas right now.

See you in New York.

Spring "Easy Work But Somebody's Gotta Do It" Chicken
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    Don't forget "SPA MONKEY" or was that him in the earlier pic??? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Misippi EggerMisippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    You guys forgot
    CNN is in Atlanta - HOT !!!
  • JLOCKHART29JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Well well well Looks like we may have a celeberty amonks us!! Really hope this thing turns out for you. Couldn't happen to a better member of the family. ;) One favor. When you make Food Network can you get me a "private" cooking with that little Italian gal.??! :woohoo: :whistle: :laugh:
    You BAD... :evil:

Spring "Que Sera Sera" Chicken
    If CNN is looking for characters, the Chicken Ranch would be a good start, but if they REALLY want to meet up with a bunch 'a lovable nuts all they have to do is hang around the Forum a bit. We do have a way of 'fun'n' with each other, don't we...

Spring "A Willing Misrepresentation Of Myself" Chicken