Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Raging RIver Rub On Poultry

Smokin' Todd
Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
P1100006.JPG
<p />Just when I thought it was just a fish rub,though it does say on the label poultry and pork as well for fish and hense the name. Had it on some chicken breasts this evening grilled with some hickory.
Outstanding! I like it better on chicken then fish. But please keep in mind I am not really a huge fish fan to begin with.
Highly recommended!![p]ST
[/b]

Comments

• BBQfan1
    BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    Smokin' Todd,
    Hint: next time out...try it on ribs...
    Qfan
    -ps thanks for the support and 'sperimentin'

• Smokin' Todd,
    I'm sure the fish are happy to hear you aren't a big fan!!! Chickens are pretty bummed though.... What's the sauce on the left side of the photo? (If your camera has a macro setting, you may need to try using it so you can get good focus on these closeups.) [p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    scallopsandcorn.jpg
    <p />BBQfan1, My favorite use is corn on the cob, like you would use salt and pepper. A couple scallops was great also.[p]CWM

• BBQfan1
    BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    Car Wash Mike,
    Hey Mike...the corn o' the cob is in full-swing up here now and I had a great feed the other day.. was out of the canning pot, not the Egg, but when I do que em up I like direct, about 200-210. Just perfect to get that surface carmelization of natural sugars without hardening the starches... Rubbed with olive oil and sprinkled with Dizzy Dust or any rub for that matter... Introduction to fall doesn't come any better than that!
    Up here we are getting that nice blend of nice cool nights (bedroom window open 8" and you sleep like a baby) and warm days (about 75 F).... Will take this all year round!
    Qfan

• Smokin' Todd
    The Naked Whiz,[p]You can blame the posterboards where the cows are writing "eat more chicken" that you may see on highways every now and then.
    The sauce is a mix of "corky's" that I purchased in Memphis airport and bluecheese. I didnt dip much though...flavor of rub was too good.[p]ST
    [/b]
  • Smokin' Todd
    BBQfan1,[p]No problem. Just like to pass on on such good product.
    Keep it comin',[p]ST
    [/b]
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    BBQfan1,
    Our sweet corn is gone. It will get down to 80 tonight with a high of 104 tommorrow. This has been going on for a few days now.
    Enjoy,[p]CWM

• Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Smokin' Todd,
    What a coincidence....Last night I decided to use the Ragin River on 4 cornish hens. I thoroughly covered them and was about to go to grill when I realized I was out of lump. So....they have been re-wrapped and have been sitting in the rub overnight. I'm anxious to try them. BTW...how's the lifter?[p]Mike