Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brats and Beer Repost

RhumAndJerk
RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Here is a repost from a coupe of years ago. This will be dinner tonight, along with fried potatoes.

I guess that I am just missing an old freind.
RhumAndJerk

Posted by KennyG on July 03, 2000 at 15:04:13:

With all this talk about brats recently, I picked up a bunch to serve at my little weekend party. I was unaware of Char-Woody's "firecracker" brat post and found a recipe I had clipped from the local newspaper a year or so ago. Went something like this. Pierce the brats a couple of times with a fork as you would potatoes before baking them. Coarsely chop up a couple of large onions and sauté in oil. I used a large cast iron skillet. When the onions start to brown add a large can of sauerkraut, liquid and all, to the skillet and throw in the brats. Add enough beer (I used PBR of course) to provide a depth about half way up the sides of the brats. Do a splash or 2 or 3 of Tabasco sauce, more if you dare. The recipe stated that the desired effect was flavor and not heat. Slowly simmer for about 20-25 minutes, turning occasionally, and the brats will be fully cooked and will have plumped up nicely. Now grill them to char up the outside. Drain the onion/kraut mixture and use as toppings on the brat rolls. Serve with course ground mustard. Yum, yum

K~G

Comments