Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ribs

Options
407BGE
407BGE Posts: 187
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Looking at some recipes for ribs and found one that called for coating the top of the ribs with about 1/4 inch of brown sugar. When they cook the theory is the the sugar will create a glaze.

Anyone done anything like this? If so what were the results? I think that I am going to try it this weekend unless others have tried with no success.

Comments

• vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Scroll down and read the post about the Dr BBQ blog...it gives his recipe for ribs...they are great!
  • vidalia1
    Options
    BTW I cook my ribs indirect for 2 hours at 300 degrees then I pour some melted butter and sprinkle brown sugar on both sides of my ribs and double wrap in HDAF and cook for 1 1/2 hrs at 300...they fall off the bone...I hardly ever sauce them...
    :woohoo: ;):)
  • Jersey Doug
    Jersey Doug Posts: 460
    Options
    What cut are those ribs Kim? I have one rack of untrimmed spares to cook this weekend.
  • vidalia1
    Options
    Doug,

They are spares...I never do baby backs...not enough meat...LOL

Did you ever order the mini woo??? The beer butt chicken worked, sort of...I ran out of lump but that was my fault....let me know how it goes.

I posted pics and the story on Sunday eve if you want to look...sorry about hijacking the thread... :S
  • Jersey Doug
    Jersey Doug Posts: 460
    Options
    Hi Kim,

Thanks! I'll try your rib method this weekend. It's one of the least complicated I've seen. I'll check out the chicken in the Mini too.

I gotta get going on the Mini Woo. We'll need it for our week of camping in August. The Mini was buried behind a pile of building materials until yesterday and I needed to measure the height from the top of the fire ring to the felt. (It's exactly 1".)
  • vidalia1
    Options
    Good luck with it...we leave for a weeks camping next Friday...we will have 3 minis & a small..it will be our family Eggfest...LOL

Lots of pictures will follow that trip...