Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Speaking of Thermopens....

Options
The Naked Whiz
The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
....is Molly doing any group orders on the new model? Or is it in too much demand to get a discount yet?

Thanks!
The Naked Whiz

Comments

• egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    Monica hasn't made any announcement regarding this as of yet.......
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    I asked for my neighbor a couple of days ago and she said, "Thermoworks is done with the sell off of the old style (the ones we use), they are a little less than I can get em for. So unless he wants to wait for the waterproof one, I’d order direct from thermoworks. I’ll be working a deal with them on the new ones sometime in the end of July. They are selling them for maybe $75/$76 or so. Pretty good."

As you may or may not know, Molly had surgery not long ago and is still recovering from that little adventure. She's doing okay though.

Spring "One Degree Off Either Way" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Options
    Howdy all. I'm going to be out of town the first couple weeks of July, but when I get back I'll look into wrangling some kind of deal on the new ones. I only have ONE problem with the new ones...they don't have a hanger. No little hole to insert a lasso or a string or a rope or a ...oh well. Life's little issues.

But I will let you know a soon as I know.
  • DrZaius
    DrZaius Posts: 1,481
    Options
    You can get a decent deal if you can get 6 people together for a purchase and then you can get them for 80 each. A savings of 15 dollars.
    This is the greatest signature EVAR!
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    Thanks, Molly!
    The Naked Whiz
  • mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Options
    Zaius, are you new? I do bulk purchase of Thermapens and sell them for less than $80 each and have been for years already. But they are switching models and closing out the old model. They are selling this old model for around what I can sell it for, if not a little less, so am encouraging people to buy direct from Thermoworks and get rid of the old inventory.

The new model, waterproof, is going to be a bit more expensive and I do not have a bulk purchase deal worked out with them yet because (a) I just had surgery and wasn't in the mood to deal with it, (b) am going on vacation the first 2 weeks of July and can't deal with it, and (c) they don't have sufficient quantity of the new one yet.

SOOOO stay tuned.

mShark
  • Hoosier
    Hoosier Posts: 107
    Options
    I placed an order for one 2 weeks ago and it still hasn't shipped. Apparently the only colors they have in available are black and white. All others are going on backorder and they seem to have no idea when they will get more in.

Apparently they're taking a page out of the video game console marketing handbook. Make a big deal out of a new product, launch it, and then don't have stock available.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    Thermoworks, the only authorized US Distributor, does not manufacture the Thermapens. Therefore Thermoworks gets what is available from ETI in West Sussex, England.

Retail price in England is £42.50 + VAT (abt 16%) at the current time the demand exceeds ETI's supply, however, several forum members have received their new style Thermapens

GG
  • Geoduck
    Geoduck Posts: 76
    Options
    Does anyone want to make a newbie a good deal on a used old model when they upgrade?? :kiss:
  • Chasb
    Chasb Posts: 54
    Options
    Hoosier wrote:
    I placed an order for one 2 weeks ago and it still hasn't shipped. Apparently the only colors they have in available are black and white. All others are going on backorder and they seem to have no idea when they will get more in.

Apparently they're taking a page out of the video game console marketing handbook. Make a big deal out of a new product, launch it, and then don't have stock available.

Hoosier, I'd check in with them. I placed an order for 6 (1 each of Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Orange, and Black)last Wednesday night and received them today.

Molly, I miss the lasso part too. I do like the way the the probe closes on the new model though and it seems faster too, but thats prob my mind :) It also uses new batteries and feels a little heavier. Oh yea, new packaging says water resistant not water proof if it matters.

Chasb
  • Hoosier
    Hoosier Posts: 107
    Options
    Chasb wrote:
    Hoosier wrote:

Hoosier, I'd check in with them. I placed an order for 6 (1 each of Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Orange, and Black)last Wednesday night and received them today.

Molly, I miss the lasso part too. I do like the way the the probe closes on the new model though and it seems faster too, but thats prob my mind :) It also uses new batteries and feels a little heavier. Oh yea, new packaging says water resistant not water proof if it matters.

Chasb

I've emailed them 3 times and as recently as this morning they tell me they don't have anything other than black and white in stock. Not sure if that is bad information they are giving me or what the situation is. Frustrating and disappointing
  • Panhandle Smoker
    Options
    Like you said the new ones dont have a lanard but I can live with out I guess. I like the new model I had to pre order before June 1st.
  • Panhandle Smoker
    Options
    I pre ordered on line I got red they shiped the first shipments out June 1st. You can still pre order on line and it will ship when they get the others colors in stock.