Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A new (for me any way) to do quiche.

Options
Zip
Zip Posts: 372
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum

If you like quiche and you like peppers this may be something to try. This is not the normal quiche in a pie shell but using bell peppers as the shell. I used some bell peppers with a flat bottom that would stand on their own. I removed the top and the seeds, but left the veins so they would have a little more support. I buttered the outside of the peppers and filled them with sauteed onions and mushrooms, precooked sausage, sharp cheddar cheese, and a little crumbled bacon.[p]I placed these in ramikins and then in a deep dish pizza pan that would hold them. Filled them up with the liquid egg mixture and cooked them indirect at 350º for about 35 minutes. After about 25 minutes, I sprinkled them with some lightly crushed Ritz crackers and sprayed with a little butter flavored Pam. [p]The timing is dependent on the size of the pepper and how much filling you have in them. You will want to remove them when the filling is still a little jiggly, but a knife or toothpick comes out clean from the center. The will need to cool about 20 minutes before eating, but we really liked them. Just as a test I cut one in half from top to bottom and it was equally as good, but cooked a little quicker. If you do this don't remove the stem. [p]The liquid part of the recipe I used is as follows.[p]2 large eggs, plus 2 large yolks
1 cup whole milk
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon salt[p]
The fillings you use are up to you and are unlimited. I have some pictures on regular film I have to get developed because I didn't have a dig camera with me. I'll post them when I get the pictures back. [p]
AShley

Comments