Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

GrillMeister...How'd the Butt turnout?

Mike in MN
Mike in MN Posts: 546
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
After all the excitement, what did you end up doing? [p]You remember...lost fire, low temps, behind schedule, possible salmonella...did I miss anything?[p]Mike in MN

Comments

• GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    Mike in MN,[p]I'm writing this with a wireless Net connection in the doctors office.......Just kidding.[p]The butt turned out great! It was only under 140 for a couple hours and around 6 PM it was up to 195. I picked up a MAPP torch in case that happens again. It pulled apart so easy and was still very moist.[p]I did two spatchcock chickens this evening followed by my first ABT's. Both turned out excellent and I will repeat both again. Now I just need another egg...[p]

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • Mike in MN
    GrillMeister,
    Life is good![p]That MAPP torch is wonderful. I'd been using a regular torch, and decided it was time to break down and spend the $40....Sure glad I did. No comparison![p]We were "camping" a couple weekends ago, and I watched one of the other campers light his weber. Pulled out one of those flame thrower/weed burners from off the farm and whoosh....it was done. In fact I had to go over and look. The charcoal (briquettes) were already gray! About 30 seconds worth of high heat did it! Great entertainment.[p]Mike in MN[p]PS Glad to hear you didn't need your stomach pumped!

• GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    Pulled_Pork.jpg
    <p />The best I've had so far.

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • Mike in MN
    GrillMeister,
    Lookin Good! Keep up the good work![p]Looks like another good project for next weekend...try it all over again...Like I always say "Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't."[p]Mike in MN