Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Easy Night

DutDut Posts: 81
edited 6:19AM in EggHead Forum
Had some baked ziti and italian sausage. Should have put the sausage in the ziti but the wife and I were a little absentminded after a day at the dog park, yard work, house work etc. still turned out pretty tasty. I love that slightly smokey flavor.

IMG_0162.jpg

IMG_0163-1.jpg

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,504
    Good looking ziti. Care to pass how you made it?
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• DutDut Posts: 81
    Cook Noodles and drain (16oz)
    add back to pot
    add ricotta 15oz
    Oregano
    Rosemary
    (wife says any italian seasoning you like)
    stir
    then add cubed mozzarella (1 cup)
    stir again

put in a baking dish, add marinara and top with mozarella

I'd like to say put some italian sausage in there also but if you don't just grill on the side and slice.

325 for about 25 or 30 minutes.
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Wow! This I will do very soon. Thanks for inspiring.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • :) what wood did you use??
  • DutDut Posts: 81
    Other than whatever leftover chips there were from an earlier cook, I didn't use any smoking wood. Just regular lump. This was first ziti and i didn't want to impart too much of a smoky flavor.
  • That looks tasty!!