Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Catering for my nephew\'s graduation

Options
eenie meenie
eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I served some pulled pork, BBQ drumettes, and baked beans for my nephews graduation party today. Served 50 people, with 28 lbs of pork butt (made last weekend and vacumn packed), 14 dozen drumettes, and a lot of baked beans. I tried the Carnivore sauces for the first time today....they were all good! :) A good time was had by all.....now if my nephew could just find a job! :(
IMG_1243.jpg
IMG_1251.jpg

IMG_1254.jpg

Comments

• Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Options
    Sweet. Looks like you did a great job.
  • bubba tim
    bubba tim Posts: 3,216
    Options
    Rebecca, You should go into catering and make the big bucks. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: Very nice cook and
    BTThumbsUp.jpg
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Great job Rebecca!! Looks yummy!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • eenie meenie
    Options
    Bubba Tim, being a doctor is hard enough, I don't want to work any harder! :woohoo: :woohoo:
    I live by myself and cooking for 50 people requires quite a bit of forethought, coordination, and orchestration. Although I must say, I've got egg fever because I now I have two eggs. :lol: However, I must say, there are many lady eggers out there who have the egg fever a lot worse than me! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • eenie meenie
    Options
    Thanks Molly......but it pales compared to all of your cooks!
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Stop it.
    I have yet to try pizza. I am thinking next weekend. Do you bake?
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • Cory430
    Cory430 Posts: 1,073
    Options
    Molly,
    Hit me up when you try your Zas; I just went (or am still going :silly) through the beginner stage and might be able to save you a bit of grief.
  • eenie meenie
    Options
    Molly, I bake quite a bit (when I have time, that is). I enjoy working with yeast. But I've never baked in the egg. DUT just published a current post that has the recipe for a variation of that no knead bread and the crust looked awesome on the one he did in the egg, so I'll have to clean out the egg so I can bake some bread. I haven't made pizza yet because I am afraid of ruining my gasket. I guess that doesn't make sense since I T-Rex, but I'm concerned about having the platesetter even close to the gasket. I'm going to have to bite the bullet soon and cook some. I'll do that cold, extended rise dough.
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Thanks alot Cory, Will do.
    I'm gonna send you an email soon, k.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Sounds good. Lots of great ideas 'round here.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • HungryNephew
    HungryNephew Posts: 267
    Options
    That was very nice of you. I don't think my uncle even showed up to mine! :)