Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Shrimp

SuperDave
SuperDave Posts: 319
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm planning on cooking some shrimp this weekend, anybody have any ideas for shrimp on the egg, or any thoughts on spices for boiling.
Any info would be appreciated.

Comments

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    S11_24_9918_55_01.jpg
    <p />SuperDave, check out the link - not a main course (unless you make more that I did) but really great. Courtesy of Teslamania.

[ul][li]Bamboo Shrimp[/ul]
  • Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468

SuperDave,[p]Have only done shrimp once so far, but its quite easy. I put them on skewers (like Gfw). I brushed with olive oil, sprinkled with some rub. The only thing I would suggest is for you to remember how fast shrimp cooks![p]Tomorrow night, the G-friends and her parents are coming over for an Egged diner (Mustard coated Beef roast). For the appetizer, I'm making shrimp wrapped Italian sausage. Tonight I cooked the sausage. Tomorrow, they go on skewers with shrimp on the outside then a quick cook. It looks impressive and tastes better!

• SuperDave,
    If you have acess to Southern Living Magazine, April 2000, they published an article called Sizzlin Affair. In that article you will find 5 of my recipes. The one called Hickory Smoked Bar B Que Shrimp is very good and I would recommend it. I have not had time to put in recipe section. If you have any questions e-mail me. Depending on the size of dish you use you can make 1 1/2-3 lbs of shrimp. Try it and let me know what you think. Shoul I make any changes etc ?[p]Grillin Bill

• Bama Fire
    Bama Fire Posts: 267
    SuperDave,
    I grew up on the gulf coast eating shrimp regularly, and I can honestly say the the best shrimp I have ever tasted were cooked on the egg.[p]Here's what I did -- in a "wok with holes" I sauted chopped onions, peppers and garlic, covered in olive oil, with salt pepper and basil until nearly done. (dome temp 325-350). Time was around 20-30 mintues. After throwing the veggies on the egg, I peeled the shrimp, coated them with olive oil then dusted with old bay seasoning. [p]Once the veggies were nearly tender, I added the shrimp to my "wok with holes." They smoked for 5 or six minutes tops at 350 dome. [p]An easy and delicious recipe![p]I can't recommend this highly enough -- use whatever veggies you like, but make sure they're almost done before adding the shrimp.[p]Good luck![p]B~F

• Bama Fire, that's cute,,,, but I LIVE on the Gulf Coast,,, and I say,,, wrap a small piece of bacon around your peeled, devained shrimp, held in place with a wooden toothpick,,,, and egg them until the bacon turns brown and is done. Dome temp needs to be above 300,,, but is not important if it goes above that. That's all I'm going to say! Try a few and then let your guest judge..[p]Hello B-F! I wouldn't be so bold with anyone other than a fellow Gulf Coast-er! Your recipe is a winner too!