Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2 step eggfest brisket

Options
Nature Boy
Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My earlier message got roached, so I thought I would repost and get some ideas. Tim and I had hoped to start a chunk-o-chest on Friday night, but it doesn't seem to be falling into place. Shake is sending me some more of his sauce to serve with the brisket at the eggfest, so I really want to do this.[p]I will have to cook that big ol piece o muscle in 2 stages. Brant and JJ had mentioned this technique. I guess the theory is to finish up the plateau, remove, wrap, and cool (maybe at 170 internal??). Then reheat at the eggfest in a few hours.[p]What is the best temp to finsh up the first part of the cook?? 170?
Can the reheating be done without foil, and still retain moisture??[p]Thanks for any ideas.
NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ

Comments

• Earl
    Earl Posts: 468
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p] If you are going to try it, you could not have picked a better time. loads of people to ask & to show the results
    too. This way we will all learn.

Earl

• Bama Fire
    Bama Fire Posts: 267
    Options
    Earl,
    I won't be there in body, but I'll be there in spirit! The two stage method would be great for tailgating! It's almost football season again! roll tide.[p]Good luck[p]B~F