Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

is my wife gonna shoot me....got it lined out :-)

Options
mike
mike Posts: 152
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Back at the beginning of the month I purchased a new BGE that I will be picking up at the 1st annual Midwest Eggfest here in Springfield MO. As you all may remember, I was a tad bit concerned how my wife would react and a bit unsure of the purchase I had made. [p]I have decided to do some pork tenderloins for the eggfest and reserved enough cooking time to get them completed. I went back to Outdoor Home here in Springfield and asked a LOT of question regarding cooking times/methods/rubs/sauces/techniques and so on. Everyone there was more than helpful and answered all of my questions to my satisfaction.[p]I am going to smoke my tenderloins @ about 225 degrees (cut into small enough portions to be sure they are done on time) with a new variety of smoking chips. These are called Snocker's Wood Chips....I am going to use American Brandy in Cherry Wood Chips. I used these on the old grill last night with the rub I am planning on using at the eggfest and the chops were a LOT more tasty than ones I have done in the past. If you haven't heard of these you should check them out...they are awesome!![p]The more I think about this the more sure I am of my decision to join the BGE family! I would also like to take this opportunity to thank all of you that responded to my earlier post.

Comments

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    Mike,[p]Glad all worked out with the wife. I think I'm facing a similar situation, but I'm looking to purchase a 3rd egg. I guess I'll have some explaining and cooking to do![p]Smokey
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    wardeggs.jpg
    <p />Smokey ,
    I know what your talking about...I now have a mini egg at my office brsides what you see on my deck.If Kaye reads this...I promise no more Eggs.
    Larry

• Smokey
    Options
    YB,[p]Nice collection of cookers. I really like the Corian table and egg-mates! I'm envious and giving me ideas could be dangerous thing! I'm thankful for what I already have and THAT MY WIFE DOES NOT READ THE FORUM![p]smokey.gif
  • mike
    Options
    YB,
    I love the pic man....this is my BBQ dream come true! I have not talked to anyone that has a BGE that hasn't absoluteley loved it and I am sketching diagrams for my deck...hehehe! How do you keep the wife fromt the forum?[p]Mike

• YB
    Options
    Smokey ,
    I plan on getting them all built-in one day...Mr.Toad has the perfect setup.Here is a picture of Mr.Toad's GREAT outdoor kitchen.
    Larry

[ul][li]Mr.Toad's Kitchen[/ul]
  • YB
    Options
    Mike,
    She looks at the forum from time to time....When I get something new so does she...If you know what I mean.
    Larry

• mike
    Options
    YB,[p]I know what you mean...hehehe! My wife's car gave up the ghost and she has a new car now...hence the decision for the BGE![p]
  • Smokey
    Options
    YB,[p]Would you "CUT THAT OUT"! Now, I really want at least one more EGG! I can hear myself now "But honey, I'm not spening money at the adult club or on a mystress or anything ... just another egg!"
  • YB
    Options
    Smokey ,
    We will be in Atlanta Octomber 16th-19th this year for Eggtoberfest...Hope we can spend some time together.
    Larry

• Smokey
    Options
    YB,[p]I'm counting on it. Mint Julips Friday night? I'll be bringing bloody mary's for Saturday AM![p]Smokey
  • mr toad
    mr toad Posts: 779
    Options
    yb,[p]do i have room for a medium - i need three egg going on thanksgiving day

See no Evil - Hear no Evil - Speak no Evil
                        Smoke no Evil

BGE - Mini, Small, Medium, Large
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Mike, I guess it depends on how quick you are if she hits you or not. She will happy if she likes ribs, steaks, and chicken. The very basic stuff will be better than what you have.
    I can't make to the Mid Westfest but plan on attending the next.
    Get RD to get you on the e-mail list for cooking tips. Great tips and a damn good brisket for 5 hours.[p]CWM[p]

• mike
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,[p]I have already gotten on the mailing list for the recipes. I have taken a lot of them home already and they all sound delicious! My wife loves all kinds of food and I am hoping I will do more of the cooking and she will be pleased ;-) . I guess we will wait and see. As far as me being quicker...that isn't a problem yet.[p]Mike

• YB
    Options
    Mr. Toad,
    You have plenty of room for a medium in your outdoor kitchen....I had three eggs cooking last Thanksgiving.
    Larry

[ul][li]Thanksgiving Cook[/ul]