Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lunch With Nature Boy

Options
Teslamania
Teslamania Posts: 144
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Chris was kind enough to invite me to lunch many months ago. Well, we finally did it. Chris is as kind in person as he is on the forum, and as you would expect he does know a thing or two about the Egg and ribs. Ribs were done indirect at 300 degrees, first coated with mustard and then dusted with Shake's rub, and then finished with some sauce over direct for a bit. Wonderful ribs. I brought along potato salad (home made) and two small side dishes of string beans, and salad (store bought). Guiness Stout & Harp washed it all down. As you know from his work on the Eggfest 2000 logo, he does some great graphics art work. All in all, it was a wonderful lunch and get together. Thanks Chris - next time, lunch it at my house!

Comments

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Teslamania,[p]Next time for me, breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, and prob some snacks in between are at E2K!!![p]Question posed to Homer Simpson after he was awarded "Most Weight Gained" at a high school reunion:[p]Q: "Just how'd you do it, Homer?"
    A: "I discovered a meal between breakfast and lunch!"[p]Cornfed

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Cornfed,[p]Doh! It's supposed to be:[p]A: "I discovered a meal between breakfast and brunch!"[p]Killer of jokes,
    Cornfed

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Teslamania,
    Happy to have you along! Thanks for the very kind words.
    Aint it sumthin how this forum brings people together. We are very fortunate to have such a great group of people.[p]This Eggfest is really gonna cement some friendships. Oooooo man! I am lookin forward to this.[p]The Guiness and Harp hit the spot, and your potato salad was awesome. See you at the fest![p]NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Teslamania,[p]The Nature Boy revolving door resturant is swinging around to me tomorrow. I have two pork chops - marinated in Moore's marinate courtesy of JJ - and some Char-Crust ready to travel north to the outskirts of a small town known as Wash DC to cook pok-chops. Teslamania better not have carried off any of those sauces djm5x9 left there for me. While cooking we can watch the new BGE egging video!! Yeehaww[p]Timmy
  • Teslamania
    Teslamania Posts: 144
    Options
    Tim M,[p]Mmmm, chops. Should be good. I think there will be some cold guiness and harp in the frige. Maybe I will catch you next time, or we can all get together at my house.