Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wouldn't you love to make a table out of this!?!?!

FSUScotsman
FSUScotsman Posts: 754
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I think any of you/us that really get into your tables and tools would give your left...uhhh...nest table to get at one of these big chunks of wood!!!

COBRAND_NAME=snapfish

These are slabs of cypress ALL FROM THE SAME LOG!!! When I was buying the wood for my new table. I talked to the owner of the mill in Cairo, GA about it. He didn't tell me how much he paid for it, but it came out of the Apalachicola River here in the Florida panhandle, about 30 miles from the mouth. The tree was cut down in 1830!!!!! The owner told me that he had offers from all over the country for the slabs for as much as $5k each. He's not sell. He's going to turn them into finished tables himself. Guys you are looking at over a quarter million dollars worth of wood sitting right there!!!

This is a Youtube of the thing being milled. It's a little hokey, but you get the idea.

watch?v=-cVx_LiiJxM

I hope this comes out, it's my first attempt at posting pics.

Comments