Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

North Georgia Eggers Lunch

Options
Fidel
Fidel Posts: 10,172
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Today we met at Fox Bros. BBQ - home of some really good brisket taquitos and (according to Lee) some really bad burnt ends.

In the group we had EgginDawg, mint-tulip, vidalia1 (our organizer for the day), GirlyEgg, HungryNephew, WiseOne, roudy, and yours truly. Had a great time and ate some pretty good sliced brisket.

GirlyEgg presented vidalia1 with a token gift to remember the occasion.

NGEFoxBros061209.jpg

Thanks to Kim for setting it up, and thanks to everyone else for taking time out of the day to meet and share some good food and good stories with one another.

Comments

• vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    As always it was a lot of fun & other than Lee's "Hot & Smoky" burnt ends everything else was good.

Thanks to Lynn for the Mr Tofu gift set and everyone for making the trek into town. Someone will have to get the next lunch up around GA 400. :blink:

Anyway good to see everyone and have a great weekend.
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Options
    I'm sure that ya'll had a blast(even without me) :( ;)
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    You were invited ;)
  • EgginDawg
    EgginDawg Posts: 747
    Options
    So I noticed that Fidel rushed right back to work. :laugh:
    I enjoyed seeing everyone today but missed Firestarter 21? Since Doug didn't make it we nominated him to host a July NGE gathering. He better get back ASAP to finish that damn smokehouse and set a date. :woohoo: :evil:
  • HungryNephew
    HungryNephew Posts: 267
    Options
    I was impressed with the service when the waitress noticed that I had not eaten my sandwich. She brought me a pulled pork sandwich to go. Great service!
  • GirlyEgg
    GirlyEgg Posts: 622
    Options
    A little late, but thanks to Kim for organizing! It was a great excuse to take off the afternoon from work (well, like I need an excuse... lol!).

Next time I'll do the same and travel north (since this was in my 'hood)! Great renewing friendships and meeting new folks! (p.s. Sorry to hear about your gasket Hungry Nephew... it's one of biggest fears!