Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

What are you cooking

PWisePWise Posts: 1,173
edited 2:11PM in EggHead Forum
this weekend?
·

Comments

• Rooster KRooster K Posts: 416
    Pork Spare ribs. Trying Blues Hog for the first time!
    ·
  • irishrogirishrog Posts: 375
    I'm practicing my baked alaska, see the posts below.
    ·
  • BHE1BHE1 Posts: 205
    Nothing!!!!!!!

Tonight is date night with the wife--going out for Sushi!

Going out of town Saturday and Sunday!
    ·
  • Big, big cook, not enough posts for a Bubba Tim award but enough meat to qualify. 42+ pounds pork Butt to pull and 15 pounds of chickens spatchcocked. 60 guests.

Another weeekend I plan to attempt something like the broader, more difficult, fancier cooks you do.

Awaiting your monday post, one of the best tings about Monday.

Doug
    ·
  • DrugCoderDrugCoder Posts: 218
    If anything at all probably just some steaks or burgers. Got a busy weekend planned!
    ·
  • DarnocDarnoc Posts: 2,661
    My neighbors bought the food and said you have to cook it.Have three 7/8 pound butts going on since last night plus two heads of cabbage shredded up for the Cole slaw.Four or five packs of potato rolls and I bought a 1/4 keg of beer to go with it.I told them if you want any more beer bring your cooler.
    ·
  • AshmanAshman Posts: 375
    Just picked up 2 more pizza screens from RD. Celebrating my Bday Sat. with the extended family. Pizza for everybody!!

Gordon
    ·
  • Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,418
    Smokin baby backs right now. I have no idea how they will turn out,...just kidding, he he. :silly:
    ·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 17,273
    i have a brisket going on tomorrow, thinking taco seasoning for spice, sliced up with enchilada sauce and cheese in a casserole. should be interesting. maybe some kinda unfried chimi with the brisket. anyways im having some brisket and have no clue as to real mexican food, it will be better than taco bell though :laugh:
    ·
  • TanklyTankly Posts: 6
    Chicken, potatoes, and maybe try my hand at baking some banana bread.
    ·
  • B) I'm sure nothing that could come close to your fabulous Saturday Night Specials :evil:
    gonna smoke some smaller chunks of pork sirloin that have been cured in Hi Mt. Buckboard Bacon and herbs (sage for 1), spices (chipotle for 2), and unseasoned (for 2)--when our weather cools down--it's over 100F in the shade!!
    ·
  • Pulled pork pizza tonight, steaks/taters tomorrow, and The Chicken on Sunday.
    ·
  • TanklyTankly Posts: 6
    Maybe throw on a tri tip for sunday.
    ·
  • Little ChefLittle Chef Posts: 4,725
    DOW...Want to add one more variation? :) Do you plan to dry any in the fridge overnight before smoking? Just wondering if you want to see how much of a difference it makes for the cure.... :whistle: Just a thought.... ;) :whistle:
    ·
  • :) actually, Hubby drained it for me early yesterday evening (was on the road again) and this morning I set them on grid over cakepan!!
    was thinking about your method B)
    It's either smoke them this evening or tomorrow evening at the earliest...
    Michelle, do you think, since they were small, that letting them go that long in the fridge with only 5 days of curing would hurt?????
    ·
  • I can't plan that far in advance. :laugh: Wings tonight and Probably burgers for lunch tomorrow. Some Baby backs and sides some time this weekend. Steaks and taters Sunday Evening. :woohoo:
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    Gonna give this Big Boy a whirl. ;)
    HunkOmeat.jpg
    ·
    Hate to respond to a question with a question, but how did the meat feel when you drained it? Was it super firm, or still felt squishy?
    ·
    This probably goes without saying, but please make sure you post the results!? :woohoo: I think Fearless is right on!!! ;)
    ·
    Me too.I'm gonna try the "pit beef" at a later date.Kroger has these hunks on sale for $1.99 a pound.I think I'll stock up. :)
    ·
  • LC, meat is very firm, nothing draining all day :)
    ...lookin like a go on waiting until tomorrow, don't ya think? B)
    ·
  • Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Baked Talapia with a crab stuffing on top.

Mike
    ·
  • :silly: ooh, Mikey, that sounds delish--is that the crab stuffing for the mushrooms from OKC that didn't get made???? Keep pouring the Grand Marnier--didn't say "when" yet :woohoo: :silly:
    ·
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    Frijoles charra tomorrow -- pintos are soaking now. I may add some pulled pork to them.

I am also making some cornbread - just got done making the buttermilk and butter a few minutes ago. Can't find real buttermilk in the grocery so I make it. Can't stand the cultured stuff - it just isn't the same.

Sunday I am doing some chicken carbonara and some fresh fettucini.
    ·
    I was going to do scallops at the after party. That didn't get done. "Keep pouring" I think you had a 1/2 ounce of mix. Between the takillya and GM :woohoo: :ohmy:

Mike
    ·
    BAKED Tiliapia???YOU OUTTA BUDDER??? :woohoo: :whistle: :evil:
    ·
    You ever try the "Old Word Bulgarian"?That's all I will use.WaaaY thicker and tastier! :)
    ·
    What do you think I'm baking it in? :)

Mike
    ·
    B)
    ·
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    Nowhere within 20 miles for me to find it! I've looked all over the area and can't even find anything other than cultured garbage.

May as well add vinegar to milk and be done with it.
    ·