Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Look what I found at Sams Club!

Options
hornhonk
hornhonk Posts: 3,841
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Prime Ribeyes! PrimeRibeyes.jpg

Comments

• Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Options
    That meat has got a snowball's chance in a frying pan of getting freezer burn. Enjoy.
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    Options
    Now thats heavy duty drooling material! I suppose next your going to torture us with endless pictures of how you cooked it perfectly too? LOL, please do!

I am buying most of my meat from Sam's. It quality is better then what the supper markets have and for less money.

Gator
  • hornhonk
    Options
    I also buy a lot of meat from Sams, but I've NEVER seen prime cuts there. And it was cheap! Only $7 and change a pound. Yup, no freezer burns for this pup!
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    That is way cheap for prime ribeyes. -RP
  • hornhonk
    Options
    Scary cheap. I asked the guy putting them out if there was a catch,or something wrong with them. He said "no, the butchers in town get the same cryovac packs, but they have a bigger overhead". Hope he's right!
  • Haggis
    Haggis Posts: 998
    Options
    Costco is also carrying some USDA Prime - and labeled as such. At the same time I've seen a lot more USDA Choice in local groceries that never carried before. I have the impression that the market has generally been moved up a notch during the depression, maybe because of folks cutting back generally. Perhaps someone can offer their thoughts on that . . .
  • Rolling Egg
    Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Options
    No prime in my Sams. I was just there 2 days ago. I agree on the meat though. Less price and better quality has been my observations as well. Enjoy those puppies! Happy Egging.
  • mkc
    mkc Posts: 544
    Options
    The Sam's here in Augusta Maine had prime NY Strip for $9.98/lb this week.

Alas, we are camping with two full freezers and no Egg :(

Whimper, whimper....
    Egging in Crossville, TN
  • Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    :woohoo: cool! mine wasn't near prime, but for $3.99/# boneless, still couldn't pass up :silly: