Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

first Pizza Cook Questio

danny285
danny285 Posts: 360
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Will try first pizza cook this weekend, question is can i use Parchment Paper under the Pizza?? and if so do i cut it to the size of the pizza or the size of the pizza stone which is the 14" BGE stone.??

Thanks
dont have a pizza peel at this time

Comments

• Sooner Egg
    Sooner Egg Posts: 578
    yes parchment paper works great.....cut it so there is no overhang on the pizza stone.....this worked for me
  • Sooner Egg
    I saw a post on here where someone cut the paper by folding it in a certain way that made a pretty nice round piece of parchment paper for the stone, maybe someone else will chime in with a link, I can't find it
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,168
    The size of the parchment isn't too important....just make at a little larger than the pizza. Transfer it to the pizza stone using a baking pan or somesuch. I pull the parchment out after about 5 minutes to get the pizza crust in contact with the stone.....makes for a better crust!
  • Aron
    Aron Posts: 170
    A pizza peel is definitely nice, but before I got mine I just used a clean cookie sheet (it had no lip so it worked nicely, although the back of any cookie sheet would work). Great for loading the pizza, although to take it off you'll still need the aid of a metal spatula or two since it's tough to slide the cookie sheet under the pizza.
  • I put the pie on the parchment paper, then just run a scissors around it roughly. Maybe an inch or so left. No real science to it. Just so it's big enough to hold the pie and doesn't dangle in the fire, you're good.
  • Sooner Egg
    nothing like making a 12" pizza and having your parchment paper 6" or 15" inches in diameter.....size is important, it doesn't have to be exact but it should be close
  • danny285
    danny285 Posts: 360
    Thanks everyone for your input.

Danny